PDA

View Full Version : 2k Ork List C&C Please

blackarmchair
06-22-2011, 05:28 AM
[HQ]
+ Mad Dok Grotsnick [160]
+ Warboss [160]
- Power Klaw, Warbike, Kombi-Skorcha, Attack Squig, Cybork Body, Bosspole, 'Eavy Armour

[Elites]
+ Lootas [105]
- 7x Lootas

[Troops]
+ Nobz [475]
- Nob Biker with Power Klaw, Slugga, Cybork Body & 'Eavy Armour
- Nob Biker with Power Klaw, Waaagh! Banner, Kombi-Skorcha, Cybork Body & 'Eavy Armour
- Nob Biker with Power Klaw, Kombi-Skorcha, Cybork Body & 'Eavy Armour
- Nob Biker with Big Choppa, Slugga, Cybork Body & 'Eavy Armour
- Nob Biker with Big Choppa, Kombi-Skorcha, Cybork Body & 'Eavy Armour
- Painboy Biker with Kombi-Skorcha, 'urty syringe, dok's tools, Cybork Body & 'Eavy Armour
+ Ork Boyz [249]
- 1x Nob with Power Klaw, Bosspole & Cybork Body
- 18x Slugga Boyz with Cybork Bodies

+ Ork Boyz [260]
- 1x Nob with Power Klaw, Bosspole & Cybork Body
- 19x Slugga Boyz with Cybork Bodies
+ Ork Boyz [220]
- 1x Nob with Power Klaw & Bosspole
- 29x Shoota Boyz

[Fast Attack]
+ Deffkopta [60]
- Twin-Linked Big Shoota & Buzzsaw
+ Deffkopta [60]
- Twin-Linked Big Shoota & Buzzsaw

[Heavy Support]
+ Battle Wagon [125]
- Deff Rolla, Armour Plates, Big Shoota
+ Battle Wagon [125]
- Deff Rolla, Armour Plates, Big Shoota

Total: 1999

Okay, so I've been playing with this Ork list for about 5 games now and I've been having some good luck with it but I have a few musings and concerns I'd like to get some input on.

1) The Boss. I'm REALLY missing a big mek with KFF in this list, I'd really like to get one and as I am not willing to lose Grotsnick the boss is the only HQ I can drop. Losing him means I lose the only T5 member of the nobz squad, a S10 powerfist, the nob unit no longer is scoring and they drop to LD8. So it's kind of a hit. I'm not sure what to do with him.

2) The Lootaz. I know certain members of this podcast don't like lootaz but I have luck with them. They're a bit of a red herring in this list though given that they hang back while the rest of the army rushes forward. Also, a single unit doesn't do a whole lot.

3) Mobility. I have no kommandoz in this list and while wagons are tough up front they struggle to get there sometimes given their low-ish side armour and lack of a kustom force field. The Koptaz are still being tested; their role is to scout and take out a transport turn 1 (we've all seen this before) and outflank if I don't get 1st turn. Any ideas on how to increase survivability or speed would be welcome.

Overall, I like the mechanic I have going here. The boyz are still relatively cheap but quite resilient with their Cybork Bodies (and FnP), the bikers create a huge threat and usually kill all kinds of things while the boyz advance as fast as possible. I guess what I would like to improve is mobility and some anti-light armour support (koptaz are untested yet).

Thanks all!

TheRise
06-22-2011, 01:20 PM
Before I comment, may I ask your reasoning for not wanting to drop Grotsnik?

blackarmchair
06-22-2011, 01:32 PM
Surely, Grotsnick is find of what the list is built around. 3 units of boyz (especially 20-man units) is not usually a sufficient amount of troops for Orks. What Grotsnick does is make them more survivable (5++ all the time and 4+ FnP to his own unit) without him I would essentially just re-write a whole different list involving more boyz and different methods of transport.

Taking Grotsnick out of the list would basically mean writing a new list; and for the time being: I really am liking this one.

TheRise
06-29-2011, 11:33 AM
But Grotsnik will only affect one of the units.

blackarmchair
06-30-2011, 12:07 AM
Correct, but he gives Cybork Bodies to the rest of the army...

Gobstoppa
07-01-2011, 06:44 PM
I don't have my book with me so not 100% on this but doesn't buying a bike give you eavy armor? Other than that th list looks fun, I would lose the cybork bodies on the squad that Grotsnik is inane that should net you enough points to get another 7 man loota squad. If there's anything I've noticed about playing Orks it's that you need multiples of the same unit to maximize there randomness. Have you thought of taking Ard boys for Grotsniks squad I do that and it works great.

blackarmchair
07-01-2011, 11:25 PM
I think you're right about the bikes giving the 4+ armour so that'll save some points.

Not sure about switching to 'ard boyz given that power weapons negate both armour and FnP. It may not seem like much but 5++ with 4+ FnP is roughly equal to a 3+ armour save. In cases where there are power weapon attacks that 5++ will save a few boys. So while cybork bodies ARE 1pt more expensive they're better overall. A 5++ you can take all the time is better than a 4++ you can only take some of the time.

Lootaz aren't a bad buy, we need them to open transports and you have a good point about redundancy. A second squad sounds good to me.

Tynskel
07-02-2011, 07:05 AM
I am thinking you could get 2-3 times as many bikes if you drop the war boss and nob bikers. Just give the nob a power claw. Drop a boy and fit in your KFF.