PDA

View Full Version : Necrons Have Phased Out

Morgan Darkstar
06-21-2011, 04:28 PM
Well it finally happened. Necrons Have Phased Out of my local GW store, not a single item remains.

Is this the prelude to a new release? only time will tell.

"Psst! August"

Lancel
06-21-2011, 04:35 PM
They'll be back.

(I had to say it)

Uncle Nutsy
06-21-2011, 07:44 PM
about a week ago the lhs owner told me that all the necron models AND the codex were pulled. Judging by what happened with the last dex pulls (BA and DE), we might see a new necron codex in about a month.

Lord Azaghul
06-21-2011, 07:49 PM
aren't you really excited that you don't know for sure!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Uncle Nutsy
06-21-2011, 10:41 PM
true.. but the pattern fits.

Dalleron
06-21-2011, 10:59 PM
I don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but the WH codex and models were pulled a long time ago. And we are now just hearing stuff about a White Dwarf crap codex. I don't see necrons's being pulled as any indication that they will be getting a new codex anytime soon. Toss in 6th ed imminient arrival and it's looking like the "Crons are in for the same shoddy treatment.

Orminah
06-22-2011, 12:05 AM
I would guess they are the Chaos Daemons of 6th ed., and hopefully, they get a more balanced codex that is worth the money you pay for it. Lol.

SMC
06-22-2011, 12:13 AM
Necrons disappeared from my LGW months ago. If they get a new release soon it'll be in September at the earliest. Probably October.

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
06-22-2011, 12:37 AM
Be prepared for shafting from GW if any indications are true then you get a crappy, lazy a#%ed, poor excuse WD codex too.

DrLove42
06-22-2011, 03:00 AM
Everyone is ripping the WD Sisters codex for being "crappy, lazy a#%ed, poor excuse WD codex ". But we don't know that! Maybe people should read it before they start blasting it

GW can't do anything right. People complain about no codexes and WD being poor, then when they get you one, and start improving WD people just complain about that!

Anggul
06-22-2011, 03:54 AM
Everyone is ripping the WD Sisters codex for being "crappy, lazy a#%ed, poor excuse WD codex ". But we don't know that! Maybe people should read it before they start blasting it

GW can't do anything right. People complain about no codexes and WD being poor, then when they get you one, and start improving WD people just complain about that!

Indeed, just because it doesn't have it's own cover, doesn't mean the rules won't be okay. Let's be honest here, what we really want for SoB are new models, the rules right now only really need a bit of tweaking in the costs of special weapons, transports, and the over-priced as hell seraphim. Grenades on the squads like marines have would also be a good call.

I just hope for the Necrons that they won't suffer the same fate as my beloved Tyranids, but if Phil Kelly is on the case instead of the accursed ones, all should be good.

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
06-22-2011, 04:32 AM
DrLove42 actually i can and will rip into GW for doing a WD codex if its true, if GW actually can't be as@ed to make a proper codex we have a right to be ticked off.

I don't care if we get new rules in a WD release, or plastic miniatures, i already own a 10k+ metal SoB army, thats not my issue with them. Its that GW if true are half as@ed in not bringing out a SoB codex (if true again) like GK's, DE or BA's, that's my issue with GW atm.

Why bring out codex's for them and going by rumour, not for SoB and most likely Necrons too. Now if its only because 6th ed is just next year, well that leaves them 6 months to finish both codex, miniatures and lots of marketting for both.
Again, i'm going to wait for official dates and actually see August/September releases, but i don't have to be happy because you or anyone says so, just because they want to buy us off with plastic miniatures.

Deadlift
06-22-2011, 04:32 AM

You got it one there buddy, All the flack GW have gotten over the past month or so has just gone crazy, Maybe just maybe their doing a free codex to give a little back (and of course sell models) to us gamers. Come on guys the whinging has gone to the bull**** stage now. Were getting something free and the moaning gets even worse.

Deadlift
06-22-2011, 04:34 AM
DrLove42 actually i can and will rip into GW for doing a WD codex if its true, if GW actually can't be as@ed to make a proper codex we have a right to be ticked off.

I don't care if we get new rules in a WD release, or plastic miniatures, i already own a 10k+ metal SoB army, thats not my issue with them. Its that GW if true are half as@ed in not bringing out a SoB codex (if true again) like GK's, DE or BA's, that's my issue with GW atm.

Why bring out codex's for them and going by rumour, not for SoB and most likely Necrons too. Now if its only because 6th ed is just next year, well that leaves them 6 months to finish both codex, miniatures and lots of marketting for both.
Again, i'm going to wait for official dates and actually see August/September releases, but i don't have to be happy because you or anyone says so, just because they want to buy us off with plastic miniatures.

Hang on, it could actually be a good balanced codex and your gonna get it for the price of a couple of WD............whats the issue ?

Melissia
06-22-2011, 06:00 AM
Hang on, it could actually be a good balanced codex and your gonna get it for the price of a couple of WD............whats the issue ?
Because it's not a real codex, many tournies won't want to use it. Already have had stories of TOs refusing to accept the PDF codex directly from GW's website. Tourney organizers are typically ****heads like that.

The rumors state that we won't get any new plastics with it. Just expensive finecast recasts. Which would mean that they'd give us horribly low quality, overly expensive versions of already overly expensive, at best mediocre quality second edition models.

And finally, the Acts of Faith rumors thus far have been pretty stupid. The currently rumored system somehow managed to make it more complex with more bookkeeping while making it less useful and less reliable than the current system, with fewer tactical options because many actually useful acts of faith are now limited to one unit (Divine Guidance is limited to retributors for example).

I have been given no reason to believe the codex will not suck. Meh. Let's hope Necrons don't get so harshly screwed by GW's bad marketing decisions.

HsojVvad
06-22-2011, 06:28 AM
Because it's not a real codex, many tournies won't want to use it. Already have had stories of TOs refusing to accept the PDF codex directly from GW's website. Tourney organizers are typically ****heads like that.

So why do you go there then, if it's that bad? You know you don't have to go to play there.

The rumors state that we won't get any new plastics with it. Just expensive finecast recasts. Which would mean that they'd give us horribly low quality, overly expensive versions of already overly expensive, at best mediocre quality second edition models.

Hard to take this comment. Maybe for you it effects you and I can see why you would be upstet but as other said, some even have a 10K point army so it's not like they will really be buying anything anyways so what is the point then? You already have your minis it's not like you would be popping down $250+ to start a new Sisters army. Again complaining for complaining sakes I think what it is. I could be wrong though.

And finally, the Acts of Faith rumors thus far have been pretty stupid. The currently rumored system somehow managed to make it more complex with more bookkeeping while making it less useful and less reliable than the current system, with fewer tactical options because many actually useful acts of faith are now limited to one unit (Divine Guidance is limited to retributors for example).

These are just rumours. Why get upset for just rumours that may not even happen. Even if they are true, get upset when they are official not now. Again complaining just for complaining sakes is all this is now.

I have been given no reason to believe the codex will not suck. Meh. Let's hope Necrons don't get so harshly screwed by GW's bad marketing decisions.

Well seeing what happend to Blood Angels and the other Fantasy PDF codex, I can see why people are getting upset, but we should be waiting for the actual WD codex to come out first before we start complaining, not ahead of time.

I guess it wouldn't the same hobby if we don't complain and whine about upcoming rumours if we stopped then eh? :D

Melissia
06-22-2011, 06:44 AM
Why are you trying to insult people by saying they are "getting upset". I'm just saying it's going to suck. Not upset about it, I never expected it to be good to begin with, it's a PDF codex, it's simply going to suck and that's that.

Stop being a troll :P

DrLove42
06-22-2011, 07:04 AM
On the subject of whats just rumours....has anyone actually seen any confirmation of a Sisters WD ary other than that one leak?

Genuine question....

Aenir
06-22-2011, 08:11 AM
Yes My store just got the July WD, and yes, there is a note there that says Next Month: Codex Sisters of Battle!

Melissia
06-22-2011, 08:24 AM
How unfortunate.

Xas
06-22-2011, 08:32 AM

stop the common sense man!
you are on the internet ffs! :P

Melissia
06-22-2011, 08:40 AM
stop the common sense man!
you are on the internet ffs! :P

There's no common sense here, just some dude whining about people who dislike the idea of a PDF codex. Because oh how DARE someone want a REAL codex with new fifth edition quality models and a set of new units and rules equivalent to the other fifth edition codices to transition their army into fifth edition.

Hypocrite.

HsojVvad
06-22-2011, 08:40 AM
Why are you trying to insult people by saying they are "getting upset". I'm just saying it's going to suck. Not upset about it, I never expected it to be good to begin with, it's a PDF codex, it's simply going to suck and that's that.

Stop being a troll :P

I had no intentions of insulting. Did I insult? I don't think I did. If I did I am sorry Melissia that was not my intent. I think my mistake was I was quoting you and it seemed to be directed at you and it was ment for as a general comment for others. For that I am sorry.

Corvus-Master-of-The-4th
06-22-2011, 08:56 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if we all didnt get at each other for one reason or the other? (not that I am saying the reasons are invalid, just I feel if we arent having ago a GW we are having ago at each other). I'd like to see the Codex before I judge but I can see why it gets people annoied + Lets just hope the real book and models will be as awesome as a certain Creepy Spacey styled Elven race... :D

Galadren
06-22-2011, 09:42 AM
Isn't this supposed to be a thread about Necrons?

Thornblood
06-22-2011, 09:53 AM
The only thing that Im expecting with different rumors happening is that there will be a new Necron warrior boxed set at some point in the future.

I would also expect that it will be ten models in a box, newly arranged on a sprue to save space.

Maybe if there is a necron codex coming out it might have some options in the box. Like to turn the same models into flayed ones, or different weapon options. However now im speculating again.

Morgan Darkstar
06-22-2011, 09:55 AM

Something along those lines, yes :D

Deadlift
06-22-2011, 10:10 AM
I keep hearing rumours that scarab swarms are going to be really really good in the new codex, with that in mind do we think they will still be included in the warrior box or will they be sold separately ?

Lancel
06-22-2011, 10:26 AM
Many Sisters players were looking forward to a release on par with these other armies, so I think some of us were pretty disappointed to find out it's a White Dwarf codex with, at best, Finecast re-releases apparently. With everyone getting updates and new releases it seemed practical to assume that the Sisters would finally get a real release too, so yeah, disappointing, and worse it seems like Sisters are soon to be left all alone on the same boat as always called Languish. Friend Dark Eldar and Friend Grey Knight already jumped ship (and Friend Grey Knight did not leave on good terms), and here we have Friend Necron thinking about doing the same, not that he was much company anyway, very quiet, kept to himself. Sororita never liked him anyway.

I'm kinda leaning toward taking this in support of my current theory that we'll expect the Necrons in August or September with a full release, but obviously my expectations have been wrong in the past.

Morgan Darkstar
06-22-2011, 10:52 AM
I keep hearing rumours that scarab swarms are going to be really really good in the new codex, with that in mind do we think they will still be included in the warrior box or will they be sold separately ?

They will probably stay as they are, however if they do turn out to be great, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Forgeworld model like the Ripper swarm for tyranids.

Cyberscape7
06-22-2011, 02:22 PM

Oh ho ho. This certainly IS a necron thread

Cyberscape7's checklist to spotting a necron thread:

1) First post has some interesting necron rumour.

2) People will start to argue with eachother

3) Occasional Matt Ward hate

4) PLENTY of GW hate

5) Speculation that makes a carnifex look tame

Morgan Darkstar
06-22-2011, 04:10 PM
Oh ho ho. This certainly IS a necron thread

Cyberscape7's checklist to spotting a necron thread:

1) First post has some interesting necron rumour.

2) People will start to argue with eachother

3) Occasional Matt Ward hate

4) PLENTY of GW hate

5) Speculation that makes a carnifex look tame

Lol :D

The funny thing, is that i only noticed they were missing because i wanted to pick up a box of warriors. So I could get a start on an army, as i doubt they will be changing much if at all.

Melissia
06-22-2011, 04:30 PM
Either way, I very much imagine we'll see tehm before year's end. The half-arased WD codex we're gonna get hardly counts as another release itself.

Morgan Darkstar
06-23-2011, 07:10 AM
You know i hope the WD SoB codex surprises you with how good it may be, and i hope you read it before passing judgement on it :p

i believe necrons will probably turn up around august, however october may still be on the cards.

Melissia
06-23-2011, 07:17 AM
I hope so to, but the fact that it's a WD/PDF codex means it'll more than likely blow like a wind tunnel testing supersonic aircraft chassis.

JxKxR
06-23-2011, 07:25 AM
I hope so to, but the fact that it's a WD/PDF codex means it'll more than likely blow like a wind tunnel testing supersonic aircraft chassis.

You're going to poop yourself when they turn out to be over powered and make IG look tame.:p I personally don't care about the rules I just want to see new sister mini's.

But yes Necrons please! Has anyone heard if the necron warriors are getting redone too? I wanted to get started on a necron army but not if they're gear is getting changed, and if they did pull ALL of it then that is what seems like what is happening.

Melissia
06-23-2011, 07:30 AM
You're going to poop yourself when they turn out to be over powered and make IG look tame.:p I personally don't care about the rules I just want to see new sister mini's.You won't get them. The most you'll likely see is finecast recasts given the current rumors-- the plastic models being "saved" for the real codex instead. Which, of course, are more expensive. But hey, maybe you'll be able to pay too much for ten models again instead of merely three.

But yes Necrons please! Has anyone heard if the necron warriors are getting redone too? I wanted to get started on a necron army but not if they're gear is getting changed, and if they did pull ALL of it then that is what seems like what is happening.

If they're getting a real codex, I very much imagine warriors will get new plastics. They're also supposed to be cheaper with a 4+ save.

DrLove42
06-23-2011, 07:30 AM
more than likely blow like a wind tunnel testing supersonic aircraft chassis.

Completly off topic, but I can see two of them from my office building window, and there's a Hypersonic windtunnel in my buildings basement....

JxKxR
06-23-2011, 07:35 AM
You won't get them. The most you'll likely see is finecast recasts given the current rumors-- the plastic models being "saved" for the real codex instead. Which, of course, are more expensive. But hey, maybe you'll be able to pay too much for ten models again instead of merely three.

There is NO WAY they could do that!

JxKxR
06-23-2011, 07:36 AM
Completly off topic, but I can see two of them from my office building window, and there's a Hypersonic windtunnel in my buildings basement....

Awesome sauce!

Morgan Darkstar
06-23-2011, 07:40 AM
i honestly dont think that warriors will be getting new models probably just an upgrade sprue

also thinking on it i think October is almost certain to be the release as it would be the first window after Gamesday UK and they always like to make big announcements there, like DE last year.

I will take some photos when i am there :D

JxKxR
06-23-2011, 07:41 AM
Plus Necrons are bad guys and October is the Halloween month. I'm with you fella.

Morgan Darkstar
06-23-2011, 07:49 AM
This then however leaves the August release window open for what?

Plastic SoB release?

Tyranid Second Wave?

Thunder Wolf Cavalry?

Other?

JxKxR
06-23-2011, 07:52 AM
Even though I'm not a Tyranid player I vote for the Tyranid second wave because I heard they would be coming out with a new Hive Tyrant and I really want to build and paint that model.

Morgan Darkstar
06-23-2011, 08:00 AM
Even though I'm not a Tyranid player I vote for the Tyranid second wave because I heard they would be coming out with a new Hive Tyrant and I really want to build and paint that model.

Possibly but the fact that they released the hive tyrant in finecast, makes me think that the plastic version may still be a long time off yet.

Demonus
06-23-2011, 08:01 AM
Im still hoping the SoB update in WD is a temporary thing, just to get them up to 5e until the actual codex comes out.

Maelstorm
06-23-2011, 11:16 AM
If they're getting a real codex, I very much imagine warriors will get new plastics. They're also supposed to be cheaper with a 4+ save.

Sounds like they are turning Necron Warriors into Space Marine Scouts with intitiative 2. Meh..

Melissia
06-23-2011, 12:11 PM
I think the idea was more Tomb Kings... IN SPAAAAAAAACE! or some other crap.