PDA

View Full Version : Granite City Waaagh!Fest Coverage.

sukigod
06-21-2011, 04:07 PM
Hello all.

This last weekend some friends and I hosted a WH40K bar tournament. Lost of people, lots of beer and lots of food. I don't think we could have hoped for a better time. I've updated the tournaments official site with a brief write up and a large gallery of images.

http://www.waaaghfest.com/waaaghfest-2011/

We hope this not only gets others interested in coming out to play 40k over beer but to do the same in their own areas for those who won't/can't travel long distances to play in something like this.

Enjoy!

Sukigod

newtoncain
06-22-2011, 07:04 AM
Cool looking tournament. That Nuke board rocks:eek:

Emerald Rose Widow
06-22-2011, 07:44 AM
You need some girl wargamers there -giggles- invite people like eldargal and myself next time lol. Seriously, I need to get more of my fellow women into this game darnit so its more awesome, hehe.

gwensdad
06-22-2011, 08:30 AM
You need some girl wargamers there -giggles- invite people like eldargal and myself next time lol. Seriously, I need to get more of my fellow women into this game darnit so its more awesome, hehe.

I'm twitter-friends with a woman from WI who might have tried to go if she knew about it.
(talking to her about it now. She suggests bottle cap objectives)

Emerald Rose Widow
06-22-2011, 06:31 PM
I'm twitter-friends with a woman from WI who might have tried to go if she knew about it.
(talking to her about it now. She suggests bottle cap objectives)

Thats the spirit

newtoncain
06-23-2011, 06:41 AM

Book mark the website and look for next years date. It will be in Jun 2012.:D

sukigod
06-23-2011, 08:41 AM
It doesn't matter, man or woman, everyone is welcome at Waaagh!Fest!. Although I'm sure the psychological factor of a few ladies sprinkled around the tables would be very interesting to watch :)

gwensdad: I'd love to see our first out-of-state attendees next year! I know Wisconsin is a pretty heavy gamer state (birthplace of D&D) so I'm sure there's quite a few that might make the trip if they knew about it. Thanks for letting your friend know about it and I'll consider the bottlecap objectives for a mission next year. I've got a whole year to drink enough of just the right bottles.... (that's the spirit!).

Aaaand, newtoncain has probably the best advice. Bookmark the site, Like them on Facebook too as many (most) of the updates will be posted there too and I know people are more likely to see something on Facebook than "remember" to check back a website at a latter date.

Thanks everyone!