PDA

View Full Version : Old King and Young King Space Wolves 2000

Wolf Brother Hellstrom
06-20-2011, 05:08 PM
This came to me last night to use the 2 my favorite IC's in the space wolves codex

HQ
Logan Grimnar
Ragnar Blackmane

Troops
9 Hunters-flamer,Powerfist, Wolf Standard,Mark of Wulfen in Rhino
10 Hunters-Melta, Flamer, PF, Wolf Standard,Mark of Wulfen in Rhino
10 Hunters-Melta, Flamer, PF, Wolf Standard,Mark of Wulfen in Rhino
10 Wolf Guard
-Mark of Wulfen
-Frostblade
-Powerfist, CombiMelta
-PowerWeapon, CombiMelta
-PowerWeapon, CombiMelta
-CombiMelta
-PowerWeapon
-normal X3 (fodder)

Heavy
Land Raider Redeemer Multimelta
6 Long Fangs-3 Missile Launcher, 2 Heavy Bolters
6 Long Fangs-3 Missile Launcher, 2 Heavy Bolters

ok so the idea is to put Logan in the LRR with Wolf Guard and rolled forward with rhino's sticking close by and then try and combine Logan's Living Legend ability with Ragnars War Howl and give all the models +1 Attack and Furious Charge plus all the Wolf Standards into one devastating assault phase and in the next players turn they still get +1 Attack. with all the Meltas and Missile launchers most transport vehicles should be popped.

Competitve? yes-no?
Comments Crits welcome

Wolf Brother Hellstrom
06-26-2011, 03:51 PM
I HAVE PERFECTION HAHAHAHA!!! nobody disagrees :D

ankhcitizen
06-27-2011, 04:18 AM
hmmmm...looks pretty good to me, nice to see someone picking the redeemer over the crusader. Anyway grey hunters are a good solid way to free up points but I usually find it hard to resist spamming wolf guard (especially since they fit my death watch: space wolves codex army).

In every competitive space wolves army I've seen long fangs were totiing 4-5 missile launchers per squad, which would be a kick in the pants against any army, but getting hands on 8-10 missile launchers isn't that easy.