PDA

View Full Version : Hellooooo.....

mcfarlane50
06-20-2011, 12:53 PM
Hi. I'm from the United States living along the East Coast in little ol' Delaware. I'm 16 and got started in 40k about ummm late 4th ed. sooo 08'ish. I have steadily built an Imperial Guard Army and lost nearily all my first games back in 4th ed. As of recently I've sorta started a DE army but it's kinda a side project next to my footguard IG army. I'm new to forums in general so you'll have to forgive me for my general noobishness (is that even a word?). Well I hope to talk soon.

mcfarlane50
06-20-2011, 03:54 PM
Hmm I guess I should give you all a little more background as to my limited wargaming past.

I started wargaming about two years after the Return of the King came out. (what's that 03')
I decided to put together a Gondor Army for Lotr and kinda gave up on the system because even though I loved the fantasy background I couldn't get over the idea of skirmish based combat I wanted to have large scale battles of proportions equal to the movies.

So I tried Warhammer Fantasy. Went and got a Starter Set and was prepared to conquer the old world. Then I shortly found out there after that almost no one in my local area was really interested in Fantasy. Plus I didn't understand the rules system nearly as well as I should have but what do you expect at 12ish.

Then after walking into a GW local store I decided to spend my saving of 75$ on a Warhammer 40k starterset. After playing through the base senario a few times I decided that I would sell the contents of the box to start building the army I had set my sights on. The Imperial Guard.

Unfortunately being an Infantryman at heart during late 4th ed. meant I would lose, and lose, and lose. However I was slowly becoming more accustomed to the game and being lucky enough to have so really awesome people teaching me my mistakes while they tabled my army saved me a lot of humiliation. So by the time 5th ed. came out I was prepared to take on the world before I was again destroyed by the rapidly evolving 5th ed. scene. (Sigh) Oh well you win some you lose some. Today though I have a stunning 200 guardsman force, 3 Leman Russes, 3 Valkyries, and a token 1500pt Dark Eldar Army. None of which was funded by my parents a fact I am deservingly (I don't think that's a word) proud of.

david5th
06-21-2011, 09:43 AM
Hello & welcome mcfarlane50.

Emerald Rose Widow
06-22-2011, 07:40 AM
Welcome to the lounge, glad to see you here.

And you are right, that is something to be proud of, hard to make money when your younger than 18, but it can be done with a bit of work. Power to you, it is something to be proud of.