PDA

View Full Version : Tank Shock from reserves?

s_harrington
06-18-2011, 11:05 PM
Disclaimer: I don't play Blood Angels and would never actually try this; but it just popped into my head tonight and I'm trying to wrap my head around it.

From what I can gather, you can tank shock when arriving from reserves right?

Then, is it legal to declare your Blood Angel Land Raider is Tank Shocking when it arrives from reserves via Deep Strike?

It does count as having moved at crusing speed so it meets that requirement.
And obviously it can ignore the whole buisness about aiming the model since off the table reserve tanks can't be aimed either.

If it is, the tank shock rules actually have you move non vehicle enemy models out of the way before you place your model, thus giving your Land raider a safe Deep Strike.

Strange huh?

DrWobbles
06-19-2011, 01:29 AM
i'm sure someone will argue your logic, but I love it.

DarkLink
06-19-2011, 02:15 AM
You can't tank shock after deepstriking. Tank shock replaces your normal movement, and since you can't move normally when deepstriking you can't tank shock. Cruising speed or not doesn't matter.

slxiii
06-19-2011, 02:19 AM
Disclaimer: I don't play Blood Angels and would never actually try this; but it just popped into my head tonight and I'm trying to wrap my head around it.

From what I can gather, you can tank shock when arriving from reserves right?

Then, is it legal to declare your Blood Angel Land Raider is Tank Shocking when it arrives from reserves via Deep Strike?

It does count as having moved at crusing speed so it meets that requirement.
And obviously it can ignore the whole buisness about aiming the model since off the table reserve tanks can't be aimed either.

If it is, the tank shock rules actually have you move non vehicle enemy models out of the way before you place your model, thus giving your Land raider a safe Deep Strike.

Strange huh?

"When moving a tank, the player can declare that the tank is going to attempt to make a tank shock instead of moving normally."
1. Are you moving a tank?
2. Can you move normally?

These are the requirements for a tank shock. You can argue that you're moving a tank, but arguing that your deep striking land raider is making a normal move is a bit more difficult.

If you still think your deep strike qualifies, go ahead and perform a tank shock.
"To make this kind of attack, first turn the vehicle on the spot in the direction you intend it to move..."

If you know how to pivot something that's not on the table, knock yourself out. :p

Basically, a tank shock is a substitute for a normal move. Deep striking is not a move, and prevents further movement. Best to try a more open area for your land raider anyways.

s_harrington
06-19-2011, 02:44 AM
Fair enough.

I bow to the wisdom of the 'normal move replacement'. It does indeed defeat the idea.

Would have been fun though. Can you imagine explaining to the ork opponent that instead of fighting him normally, your going to push Land Raiders out of your Battle Barges from orbit and aim them at his army?

What a visual!

Thanks guys.

slxiii
06-19-2011, 04:08 AM
perhaps you should try angry marines. :p