PDA

View Full Version : How to paint the geanstealers

jcflanker
09-03-2009, 10:00 AM
I am going to paint these guys like they are depicted in on the box and books. I did a test paint on a normal 40k geanstealer yesterday that came out ok.

I went with a 75% chaos black to 25% Hawk Turquoise as a base for the body, a 50/50 split for the first drybrush highlight, a 25/75 split for the second drybrush highlight and A pure HT as the final fine highlight.

For the head, hands, feet and the detail pieces on the legs and arms I went with a base of hormagaunt purple, first highlight of 50/50 hormagaunt purple/ skull white mix. I then went in with a wash of leviathan purple, followed by another 50/50 hormagaunt purple/ skull white mix drybrush.

For the claws I went with charadon granite I went with a drybrush highlight of adeptus battlegrey.

Blood red tongue and eyes and skull white teeth.

pretty time consuming and a lot of mixing (I’m not a big fan of mixing, for many reasons). I was wondering if anyone had a better idea for paint formula that would be less time consuming

Mithhuan
09-03-2009, 08:13 PM
I'm currently working on a paint scheme similar to the box as well.
I used a chaos black base coat. Dry brush regal blue. Dry brush enchanted blue, Final Dry brush of ice blue on the carapace.
The flesh areas, head, hands and feet I painted hormagaunt purple. Then a space wolf grey highlight.
The claws are chaos black with space wolf grey highlight.
The eyes inyanden dark sun.
The teeth bleached bone.
Followed up with a wash of badab black.

I'm considering painting the tongue dark angles green with highlights of scorpion green and goblin green.

The space wolf grey highlight gives the flesh areas a blue tint so I am considering astronomican grey or fortress grey for the highlight on flesh areas.