PDA

View Full Version : New FW Including Dark Eldar!

DrLove42
06-17-2011, 05:39 AM
New Forgeworld stuffs up!

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff

2 transfer sheets for Eldar and Astral Claws (yawn). Space Marine heavy weapons set. And a new DE Raider option!

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/large/reaper9.jpg

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/large/heavyweapon1.jpg

Have to say I really like the plasma cannon and Heavy Bolter in the kit...

And the gun on the DE skimmer is wonderful. To quote Eldargal...I'll be in my bunk....

Can they just release IA 11 already?!

eldargal
06-17-2011, 05:43 AM
I'm so buying that Reaper. Experimental rules here (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/r/Reaper.pdf) as well.

DrLove42
06-17-2011, 05:46 AM
Interesting how its Nightshields only cost 5 points instead of the usual 10, but the Flicker's are still 10. Especially as its a long range support, so its most often going to be getting use out of the Nightshields...

Gir
06-17-2011, 05:51 AM
Interesting how its Nightshields only cost 5 points instead of the usual 10, but the Flicker's are still 10. Especially as its a long range support, so its most often going to be getting use out of the Nightshields...

I think it's because the weapon itself is not very long range, a cheap nightshield basically counter-acts that.

DrLove42
06-17-2011, 06:33 AM
Maybe...but a 36" shot isn't really short range?

Both weapons options are fantastic. Gives murderous death the vehicles, but not as effective as 3 dark lances.

And it gives the DE some much needed anti-horde pieplates.

isotope99
06-17-2011, 06:50 AM
I like the big sail and I may get one just to be a raider and hold onto the haywire gun for a future project

I don't see it displacing the ravager in the crowded HS slot although a large haywire blast could be entertaining against a parking lot based army

Xanadu
06-17-2011, 07:09 AM
I am very much in love with the model, but the rules are underwhelming for me.

It costs more than a ravager with upgrades, yet is vastly inferior. Vastly. Also, the gun whilst cool sounding has one problem, there's only one where Ravagers have three.

Sorry, FW you're not getting my dosh this time.

Drew da Destroya
06-17-2011, 07:24 AM

It costs more than a ravager with upgrades, yet is vastly inferior. Vastly. Also, the gun whilst cool sounding has one problem, there's only one where Ravagers have three.

Admittedly, that one gun can potentially get 4 "hits" (or more, technically, for the Large Blast), so that's nice. Of course, 1 Weapon Destroyed, and you've got yourself an expensive cover save.

Gir
06-17-2011, 07:26 AM

This thing would mess up leaf blower or razorback spam. You just have to get touched by the 5" template to suffer a haywire hit.

Xanadu
06-17-2011, 07:46 AM
@Gir

Sure it would, but who puts their tanks right next to one another in a solid block?

I'm sorry, but I'm not paying Xpts for a cover save.

isotope99
06-17-2011, 08:44 AM
@Gir

Sure it would, but who puts their tanks right next to one another in a solid block?

I'm sorry, but I'm not paying Xpts for a cover save.

Not all that uncommon to take advantage of cover (also bubble abilities like kustom force field) and to deny opponents assault lines. Just forcing them to spread out has it's benefits.

I still agree that it is too fragile for its points cost. 5 scourges with a couple of haywire blasters are a similar price for comparison.

While we're looking at this, do vehicles get cover against a haywire shot? I would say not as a hit is all that's needed to inflict immediate damage and it's not a conventional Strength based shot.

Cavscout
06-17-2011, 08:51 AM
This does not take up a heavy slot because this unit can only be used in an apocolypse game. For the points, it would be a great fire support vehicle. This is only an anti vehicle weapon. The beam firing causing death on a hit of roll of 6 against a toughness roll is too unreliable.

Xas
06-17-2011, 08:53 AM
whats so hard to understand about cheaper shields?

its there so you can have an adequately priced "full version" but at same time disallow spamming to cheap "raw versions".

its the same with the venom. it doesnt have the inbuilt field for anything fluff related but the simple fact that at 10points less it would be too cheap and spammable.

I like the ship but I think the focused blast isn't worth it atm compared to the template because you do not get much out of the gamble that you take by moving from an allmost guranteed (BS4+2,5" template radius+whatever vehicle radius you have) haywire hit to a 2/3 chance of d3 ones simply because even 3 haywire hits arent 3 times as powerfull as one (mostly doing glances means 2/3 of your damage is shaking/stunning and therefore doesnt add up).

things that would make the direct beam more usefull: twinlinked/small template (lesser chance of missing), more haywire effects (d6+1 or even 2d6),better haywire effects (like pen on 4+, glance on 1-3 and +1 on vehicle damage chart), and additional guranteed result (like if a hit is score you definatelly get the vehicle stunned and the damage and d3 haywires in addition), a strong profile (~s9 ap1), range (~48". would make it more hidden-sniper like but imo wouldnt really fit the style of haywire blasters so the least favourable option), give it a non-gimicky special rule versus non-vehicles (either automatic ID or d6 wounds lost if you get trough hitting, wounding and saving trows).

eldargal
06-17-2011, 09:01 AM
Why can it only be used in an Apocalypse game? It isn't a superheavy.

Demonus
06-17-2011, 09:01 AM
This does not take up a heavy slot because this unit can only be used in an apocolypse game. For the points, it would be a great fire support vehicle. This is only an anti vehicle weapon. The beam firing causing death on a hit of roll of 6 against a toughness roll is too unreliable.

why would it only be allowed in apoc games? i can see tournies not allowing it since its FW, but that's it.

Lockark
06-17-2011, 09:54 AM
@Gir

....... Imperial Guard?

Xanadu
06-17-2011, 10:37 AM
I suppose you guys have made a case for blocks of tank. It's something I don't consider myself, what with everything being a flying cardboard box or a reinforced flying cardboard box.

GrenAcid
06-17-2011, 12:39 PM
I like it, awesome model(Im in love with sail) and decent rules, not overpowered but still efective.
If there is mothing I would change it would be adding some secondary weapons....like side splintercannons, in that cost to make it perfect.

Cavscout
06-17-2011, 01:19 PM
Eldargirl, what i meant is that it is not an official codex unit, therefore you would need to ask your opponents permission to use the unit. In my area all forgeworld models are relegated to apocalypse. We have many players who are not comfortable playing pickup games unless they are codex entry units. We also have alot of younger players who cannot afford fogeworld models. Besides, you know how forgeworld upsets the finely balanced game that is warhammer 40k :)

w7west
06-17-2011, 01:41 PM
I kind of really hate that model.

Haywire is cool already have it though on wyches.

Now hook us up with a haemoculi constructed titan.

Caldera02
06-17-2011, 02:27 PM
I LOVE this model and rules!!!

MarneusCalgar
06-18-2011, 02:06 AM
I like the space marinesīs upgrades...

Gir
06-18-2011, 08:31 AM
This does not take up a heavy slot because this unit can only be used in an apocolypse game.

Your house rules =/= acutal rules.