PDA

View Full Version : Can Ravenwing turbo boost too?

dvs1
06-13-2011, 08:14 PM
After the recent FAQ, can Ravenwing also turbo boost during their scout move? Or are we still hampered by the codex trumps BRB. The previous restriction was from a bygone era, and just like the scoring speeder question, was written to go along with a different rule set. I wish GW addressed this during the last bit of the FAQ, but oh wells... What does everyone think?

Nungunz
06-13-2011, 09:27 PM
Codex still trumps BRB so they are stuck unfortunately.

wkz
06-13-2011, 09:38 PM
Codex still trumps BRB so they are stuck unfortunately.

As long as the Codex says no, the BRB does not apply, no matter how many newer FAQs for the rulebook may have arrived.

This is most evident in DISADVANTAGES to units. For example: Chaos Spawn can move normally? Codex says no. Tankbustaz can shoot normally? Codex says no. But the BRB and its FAQ says... Codex STILL says no.

If something in the BRB should have overwritten the Codex... it would have an FAQ question/answer in the CODEX's FAQ to clarify the point.

Lerra
06-13-2011, 10:59 PM
Ask your opponent - a lot of opponents will let you turboboost in your scout move because it makes sense - every other space marine bike can turboboost in the scout move.

Strictly speaking, though, no - Ravenwing bikes are the only bikes in the game with this particular restriction, which is an old leftover from 4th ed.

Mike X
06-14-2011, 01:49 AM
Ask your opponent - a lot of opponents will let you turboboost in your scout move because it makes sense - every other space marine bike can turboboost in the scout move.

It's not a matter of what they're capable of doing. The mechanics of the vehicle are most likely the same among all the Space Marines, but the legion/chapter/primarch is not. For all we know, El'Johnson taught his sons not to rush into combat so soon. Just an example of why they wouldn't be able to do it.

dvs1
06-14-2011, 02:00 PM
I can accept that, but I thought it was worth a try. Normally I'd cry about it, but DA should be the only ones who really shouldn't get to turbo boost while scouting. With a proper dual wing list you could potentially deploy the majority of your forces just outside 12" of your enemy on your first turn, causing all kinds of crazy mischief. Your input was greatly appreciated.

wkz
06-14-2011, 06:31 PM
Heh. I thought a DA player would be numb to this sort of thing by now, given Storm Shields, Landspeeder Typhoons and all? :D

Tynskel
06-14-2011, 08:10 PM
It is obvious why they had it as a hold over from 4th edition--- when you turbo boosted, you gained an invulnerable save equal to your armor save. That's much much better than 5th edition. (then think about mark of Tzeentch-- they would have a 2+ invul save!)

GW doesn't like FAQs, though, so they rarely change something they have already FAQ unless it was obviously broken (stacking Furious Charge with Counter Attack, for example).