PDA

View Full Version : "Deathleaper"- Made entirely from spare parts!

Master Bryss
06-11-2011, 10:25 AM
I don't have much disposable income, so when my good mate and fellow forumite Cyberscape7 showed me a way to build a Lictor stand-in for free from stuff I already had, I adapted it for Deathleaper. The results are enclosed, although I should try to get a clearer photo with better lighting later.

The model is built with parts from the Ravener, Carnifex and Trygon sprues, with a head randomly nicked from a Chaos trophy rack (I can't remember which one, can anyone tell me which rack has the Genestealer skull on it?) I call it the Burrowing Death, for obvious reasons.

A tutorial on how I did it can be found here. (http://bryssling.blogspot.com/2011/06/building-deathleaper-for-free-sort-of.html)

fuzzbuket
06-11-2011, 01:11 PM
wow really cool! i love the face, and the pose : a really scary bug! sadly the pic isnt so great :(
still a graet conversion!

-fuzz

p.s. how does it leap: its legless :P
p.p.s the trophy may be either a SM scout or a chaos termi lord

Lemt
06-11-2011, 02:59 PM
I know Abbadon has a Tyranid skull on his rack, but that's the only chaos mini I have. So it may be on others too.

Anyhow, really good conversion!

Master Bryss
06-12-2011, 04:58 AM
@fuzz: Yeah, the camera I used seemed to do fine with the close ups, but not this. I've got a close up of the face and some side shots on my blog, and I'll see if I can get better pics today, front and back.

It doesn't leap, it burrows. That's how he redeploys. I was never sold on the whole 'Lictors can jump really high' idea anyway. Plus, it's free, you can't complain.

I think the Termi lord has a Warrior skull, and I used the Genestealer trophy on the Scout sniper. I'm now increasingly convinced it's from the Rhino.

Asymmetrical Xeno
06-12-2011, 05:25 AM
I like it, looks a bit more alien than the original, and cthulhu-tentacles are always good.

Master Bryss
06-12-2011, 05:39 AM
Yeah, I've recently obtained most of Lovecraft's work and have been plowing through it at a steady rate. What wonderful dreams it produces. :)

Updated the OP with better front/back shots.