PDA

View Full Version : a little daemon list help

kevindilkey
06-10-2011, 01:06 PM
hey guys was wondering if you guys could give me some feedback on my 1850 daemon list. im not looking to be competitive just looking not to get destroyed every game.

hq: herald of slaanesh x2
- chariot
- unholy might
- demonic gaze
- icon

hq: same as above w/o icons x2

troop: 5 plaguebearers w/ icons x2
troop: 5 plaguebearers x2

elite: 4 bloodcrushers with all upgrades for wound allocation x3

heavy: soulgrinder w/ tongue upgrade x3

my choice for turn one

herald w/ icon
herald w/o icon
plaguebeaers w/ icon
plaguebeaers w/o icon
bloodcrushers
bloodcrushers
soul grinder

Norbu the Destroyer
06-14-2011, 03:11 PM
I would drop all the icons out of the Plagues and the heralds freeing up 100 points for a unit of horrors or screemers possibly. I would also consider 1 unit of fiends instead of a third crusher unit.

Those are the only changes I would make while keeping close to what you have.

Lerra
06-14-2011, 03:22 PM
Daemons are tough to learn but once you play some games I think you'll do fine with a list like this. Daemons are more about tactics than the listbuilding imo.

Here are a few other things to consider though:

Daemons Princes are pretty awesome and they are only $33 each, which makes for a pretty cheap unit that is solid. You're very light on the tank hunting, and daemon princes are monstrous creatures with 2d6 armor penetration. Other ways to add tank hunting: a unit or two of 5 horrors with bolt of tzeentch, a unit of 3 flamers (they always glance on a 4+), or a chariot of tzeentch. Personally I'd buy a box of 10 horrors to make two squads of 5, that way you have 4 troop choices in the list and a bit more tank hunting. It's not super reliable at bs3 but it's better than nothing.

Four heralds of Slaanesh is a lot. I'd recommend starting out with one or two, play them a bit, and see if you like them before you buy/paint up all four.

I'd run two squads of 6 Bloodcrushers rather than 3 squads of 4, and then add a unit of Fiends of Slaanesh. They are mobile and can tear up light armor, and they're handy for keeping a unit tied up until the Bloodcrushers can get there. You can model these guys by buying the new box for Seekers of Slaanesh and then assemble them without the riders. Bam, Fiends of Slaanesh.

Lockark
06-14-2011, 03:53 PM
You army is two slow ATM. Considering adding something with abit more movement. Such as Friends or Seekers of Slaanesh, or Screamers of tzeetch. These units usely end up being you major Anti-Tank since Rending tanks to death, or Melta-Bombing them is your best Anti-Tank 9 times out of 10.

Advoid the soul grinder. It dies to quickly when it's the only tank on the board. I would drop the grinder in favor of the other units I mentioned, or something that fills a similar role.