PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Kings Noob Questions

Brent
06-10-2011, 08:06 AM
Hi, all-
Sorry for the noob questions, but I'm new to WFB and am having a hard time finding info.
For example, when building units for my army, I like to have a large pool of pieces so I can come up with different army lists. But does everything have to be WYSIWYG, or do people cut some slack there?
I've built some Skeleton Warriors with spears...should I build them all that way, build them with hand weapons, or build a mix?
Should I build some Warriors with bows?
And I've gotten a box of Tomb Kings (with hopefully another to come soon). Should I build them with halberds or hand weapons?
Last, are there any good TK-specific sites out there, so I can stop pestering all of you?
Thanks,
Brent

BrokenWing
06-10-2011, 11:58 AM
Fantasy is much more lax on that than 40k is. While it would look much better if a unit of 50 guys with spears actually all had spears, I doubt very seriously anyone would care, as long as your front couple of ranks did to make it obvious what they were equipped with.

Wildeybeast
06-10-2011, 12:59 PM
Depends entirely who you are playing with. Obviously if you are going down the tournament route, they need to be WYSIWYG. For a friendly game, most people cut you some slack, particuarly when starting out. It only really becomes a problem if you are relying on your opponent remembering what you him told at the start of the game and he charges into you and suddenly finds that he's fighting another rank than he thought because your bowmen all have spears, so as Brokenwing said, make it clear on at least some of the models.

Course if you are still playing counts as after a couple of years of collecting that army (as some people I know do) then I'm going to get a bit annoyed about it. :mad:

Chronowraith
06-10-2011, 01:45 PM
Hi, all-
Sorry for the noob questions, but I'm new to WFB and am having a hard time finding info.
For example, when building units for my army, I like to have a large pool of pieces so I can come up with different army lists. But does everything have to be WYSIWYG, or do people cut some slack there?
I've built some Skeleton Warriors with spears...should I build them all that way, build them with hand weapons, or build a mix?
Should I build some Warriors with bows?
And I've gotten a box of Tomb Kings (with hopefully another to come soon). Should I build them with halberds or hand weapons?
Last, are there any good TK-specific sites out there, so I can stop pestering all of you?
Thanks,
Brent

For non-national tournaments As long as 1/3 or the unit is armed appropriately and you put those models in the front ranks, usually no one cares.

This is even the case for the local tournaments around here. When in doubt, ask the tournament coordinator.

In friendly games it shouldn't matter, just be clear with your opponent before the game begins and they will usually let it slide.

For websites, the only one I know of is http://tomb-kings.net/ . I haven't visited there in awhile so it might have died, but I know the forum is still up.

Regardless, I don't mind people asking questions here at BoLS. I come here to ask questions of my own as well as to help others.