PDA

View Full Version : The worst army ever

sneakyben
06-09-2011, 03:42 AM
I am after ideas for a new project:

I want to make the worst army I possibly can... because I reckon I can still have loads of fun with it :cool:

What is the most ineffective army from the most ineffective codex?

I want to use units that no-one ever takes etc
Sort of like anti-power-gaming...

Xelkireth
06-09-2011, 05:40 AM
Necrons with no monoliths and no destroyers.

Lord Azaghul
06-09-2011, 06:20 AM
I am after ideas for a new project:

I want to make the worst army I possibly can... because I reckon I can still have loads of fun with it :cool:

What is the most ineffective army from the most ineffective codex?

I want to use units that no-one ever takes etc
Sort of like anti-power-gaming...

C:SM. With nothing but tact squads and assult troops. I know, I have this force -well mostly :(
Gw would be very proud of you.

Hive Mind
06-09-2011, 06:33 AM
Nothing but Termagants and Pyrovores against a Mech army.

L192837465
06-09-2011, 07:15 AM
I think you'll have to delve into the realm of the truly awful.

1x chaos marine lord, no upgrades
2x5 marines, no upgrades
17x spawn

(that's for a 1500 point army. for 2000, make that 22 spawn)

Space marine captain
60 scouts with no upgrades
as many Storms can fit in the leftover

warboss
180 gretchin, no upgrades
30 tank bustuz

L192837465
06-09-2011, 07:17 AM
Two special characters from the GK book, 2x5 GKSS, 3x giant walker things

Xas
06-09-2011, 07:43 AM
just take any of the netlists you can find and take it against a really competent person...:D

If you want somehing strange/hilarious go and build a Tau "wildlive park" focusing mostly on aliens (kroot and most importantly vespids!).

Get a squad of firewarriors with carbines (your "rangers"), prolly an eathereal. for crisi HQ (mandatorry) you can take him with flamer and fusion gun.

then get some 1-3 vespid squads, 1-2 kroot "gun" squads (with krotox), 1-2 "assoult" squads (with hounds) and a plain squad if you want.

if you dont want to be THAT awfull you can scatter in suits for anti-tank.

other bad armies:
footslogging close combat non-ork/nid (really only orks & nids can even remotely pull it of efficiently)
nidzilla
mono-god deamons (can be quite good if you know what you are doing)

Michael_maggs
06-09-2011, 08:12 AM
I think you'll have to delve into the realm of the truly awful.

1x chaos marine lord, no upgrades
2x5 marines, no upgrades
17x spawn

(that's for a 1500 point army. for 2000, make that 22 spawn)

Space marine captain
60 scouts with no upgrades
as many Storms can fit in the leftover

me and my mate once played a gamekind of like this; we each chose to write our opponents list so it would have been the most crappest lists possible (BA vs CSM)
very fun especially when the spawn gobbled up the captin in one close combat phase

L192837465
06-09-2011, 10:53 AM
Oooh, I think I just thought of this.

Chaos sorcerer with no psychic powers purchased.

6x10 Thousand Sons, no upgrades, no sorcerers.

Fill in the rest with spawn.

I honestly don't know what that list could ever beat.

Chexmix282
06-09-2011, 01:13 PM
You've got to take a Space Marine Company to the tabletop. It's possible at 2000 points, I believe.

Captain
-Jump Pack and Relic Blade

4 x Tactical Squads
-Flamer, Missile Launcher

3 x Assault Squads

3 x Devastator Squads
-4 Missile Launchers

I don't have the codex in front of me but this should be right around 2000 points. It's not exactly super competitive, but dropping 100 marines on the table is never easy for opponents to deal with. This isnt exactly the "worst" army, but its very thematic and would be great looking on the table.

If you want a very terrible army that is also incredibly thematic, play Footdar:

10 Stiking Scorpions
10 Howling banshees
10 Fire Dragons

2 x 10 Dire Avengers

5 Shining Spears
10 Warp Spiders
10 Swooping Hawks

5 Dark Reapers

I have the exact list somewhere, but after putting Exarchs and upgrades in ever squad it comes to 2000 points. Paint this well and it will definitely turn heads but wont lay a scratch on optimized 5th ed armies led by competant generals.

davel
06-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Ok I'm with chexmix282 on eldar

troops 2 squads of guardians 20 with star cannon ( look at the last White dwarf to see how they go)
thats it

fast attack

swooping hawks and shining spears both with no exarch ( some powers may make them O.K.)

heavy support plat forms ( no guide)
heavy support 1 wraith lord with just the sword( no psykers for extra funs more than one may be hard to take down)

Elites are hard but
quins with no shadow seer or kisses
5 dragons on foot

last one could actually not suck bad
10 wraith guard (there is a part of me that wants to put a warlock that does not have spirit seer in there as a almost troop choice)

Hq with the forces above I'd go Autarch with spider jump generator ( as it could suck him into the warp)

dave l

tactica
06-09-2011, 03:47 PM
I love the idea of doing this, its like the opposite of cheeze. Great Idea!

thecactusman17
06-09-2011, 08:33 PM
Cheap blood angels hq
15 death company in a LR redeemer
3 dc dreads
As many elite dreads as you can field.

No scoring. Your only option is a board wipe before game end.

And that is extremely possible top do.

Michael_maggs
06-11-2011, 03:19 AM
Oooh, I think I just thought of this.

Chaos sorcerer with no psychic powers purchased.

6x10 Thousand Sons, no upgrades, no sorcerers.

Fill in the rest with spawn.

I honestly don't know what that list could ever beat.

only problem is that sorcerers are compulsary purchase for a squad of thousand sons and you have to buy a psychic power for them.

even better would be a chaos lord with personal icon
2X chaos marien squads (5 man with no upgrades)
fill the rest of the points with lesser deamons
chances are your lord will be instakilled in the first turn meaning it will be a heroic last stand between 150 pts of marines and (insert game size here) of your opponent

Cheese
06-11-2011, 04:38 PM
The only thing in Chaos worse than Spawn is having Lesser Daemons and no icons.

1 Chaos Lord w/ no upgrades.

2x5 Thousand Sons w/ Sorcerer w/ Warptime

However many Lesser Daemons you can fit with the remaining points.

Hive Mind
06-11-2011, 05:55 PM
You've got to take a Space Marine Company to the tabletop. It's possible at 2000 points, I believe.

Captain
-Jump Pack and Relic Blade

4 x Tactical Squads
-Flamer, Missile Launcher

3 x Assault Squads

3 x Devastator Squads
-4 Missile Launchers

I don't have the codex in front of me but this should be right around 2000 points. It's not exactly super competitive, but dropping 100 marines on the table is never easy for opponents to deal with. This isnt exactly the "worst" army, but its very thematic and would be great looking on the table.

A battle-company would be 5/2/2 plus an Honour Guard and a combat squad not 4/3/3. It would have a Chaplain too.

Tynskel
06-11-2011, 07:05 PM
A battle-company would be 5/2/2 plus an Honour Guard and a combat squad not 4/3/3. It would have a Chaplain too.

try 6/2/2

That's 6 Tactical Squads, 2 Assault Squads, 2 Devastators, plus support personal, such as apothecary, company champion, advisors, chaplains, Dreadnoughts, and captain.

Root
06-11-2011, 07:51 PM
Hundreds of guardsmen with no tanks or heavy weapons. "We will drown our enemies in rivers of our own blood!"

CouchViking
06-11-2011, 09:02 PM
The good old Red Rivers

Gir
06-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Space Marines:
Captian with Artificer Armour, Plasma Pistol and Lightning Claw
Command Squad with 3 veterns, 1 Company Champion, 1 Apothecary and Company Standard
10x Tactical squad with flame and Missile Launcher/Heavy Bolter/Multi-Melta
10x Assault Squad with 2 Flamers
10x Assault Squad
10x Devastator Squad with 4 Missile Launchers
10x Devastator Squad with 4 Las Cannons

2250 points, 106 space marines in a full company layout. 100% force org legal (Unfortunaly this doesn't work with Blood Angels, stupid assault squad troops!)

thecactusman17
06-11-2011, 10:03 PM
(Witch Hunters, 3rd edition)
1 Inquisitor Lord w/ Familiar, Penitent, and Chiurgion
3 Priests w/ Eviscerators
2 max squads of Arco Flagellants

1 max Squad Sisters Repentia
2x Inquisitorial Stormtroopers (preferably w/ no special weapons or transports)
9 Penitent Engines in 4 squads

If you are not familiar with the WH codex, here's what happens: Your priests join the Repentia and the Stormtroopers. EVERYONE takes off in a ridiculous scramble across the board thanks to Holy Rage. For extra lulz, make sure to kick in the Arco Flagellants Stimpack Injectors turn one. All models can move up to 6+d6+6 if assaulting or 6+2d6 if you choose to run. This creates a mad scramble across the table, with units mixing into one another and causing havok as your lines start to get into each others way. And when they finally hit, the impact is ridiculously cheesy. Nearly everything has a chainfist equivalent (excepting the Arco Flagellants) which means that they can and will kill whatever they touch, but they are going to go last.

This is one of those epic, silly armies that will get you tons of entertaining games if your opponent is a total cheese eating type-A d-bag.

Anggul
06-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Blood Angels:
Captain 100pts

Death Company (30): 600pts, 30x 2x thunder hammers 1800pts, 30x jump packs 450pts: 2850pts

Scout squad: 75pts

3025pts

fuzzbuket
06-12-2011, 02:57 PM
cortez 100pts
140 mystics (flack armour + laspistol)

I SHALL FLASHLIGHT YOU TO DEATH!

140 laspistols, 140 5+ saves
1 daemon hammer and a bolt pistol and artifacer amour!

oh and there was a thread about this on someones blog that pointed out that battlesuits DONT NEED WEAPONS :P

-fuzz

lostinnm
06-12-2011, 08:52 PM
cortez 100pts
oh and there was a thread about this on someones blog that pointed out that battlesuits DONT NEED WEAPONS :P

The battlesuits HAVE to fill their 3 hardpoints with something, but you don't absolutely have to give them guns

Aun'va
Shas'O, (Targeting Array, Shield Generator, Command and Control Node, HW Drone Controller, 2x Marker Drones)
2x Bodyguards, (2x Targeting Array, 2x Shield Generators, 2x Target Lock, 2x HW Drone Controller, 4x Marker Drones, 2x HW Multi-Tracker)
6 Firewarriors, Shas'Ui, Bonding Knife, Markerlight, EMP Grenades, Photon Grenades, w/ carbines, HW Drone Controller, 2x Marker Drones
6 Firewarriors, Shas'Ui, Bonding Knife, Markerlight, EMP Grenades, Photon Grenades, w/ carbines, HW Drone Controller, 2x Marker Drones
3x XV8 Suits, Shas'Vre (3x Targeting Array, 3x Shield Generators, 3x Drone Controllers, 6x Marker Drones, Bonding Knife, HW Multi-Tracker, HW Target Lock, HW Black Sun Filter)
3x XV8 Suits, Shas'Vre (3x Targeting Array, 3x Shield Generators, 3x Drone Controllers, 6x Marker Drones, Bonding Knife, HW Multi-Tracker, HW Target Lock, HW Black Sun Filter)
2107 Points (I didn't want to take the effort to actually set it for a specific points limit)

You have 12 guns in the entire army and 28 marker lights. On top of that your entire army is stubborn so they'll just stand there until they all die in assault. On top of that, all the markerdrones make the XV8 units make them toughness 3. Either that or Aun'Va will die and the entire army will run off the table :)

I can't think of much worse

Kieranator K82
06-12-2011, 09:22 PM
1 Big Mek
Loads and loads of Gretchin

montolith
06-13-2011, 09:59 AM
Since most people think IG is all about the tanks and gunline, how about trying an assault army?

2x Lord Commissar w/ powerfist & melta bomb
2x Orgyn Squad w/ 10 models
3x Ministorum Priest w/ eviscerator
3x Penal Legion Squad
1x Scout Sentinel Squad w/ 3 sentinels, missile launchers
1x Scout Sentinel Squad w/ 3 sentinels, heavy flamers
1x Armoured Sentinel Squad w/ 3 sentinels
1x Deathstrike Missile Launcher

This is comes down to exactly 2000p.
You give each ogryn squad an lord commissar and each penal squad gets one priest. Then you outflank with the scout sentinels. Missile launchers give you some anti-tank, but put on the flimsiest chassy IG has to offer it shouldn't be a problem to eliminate.

The other sentinels are there to tie up squads which don't have enough hitting power to take them out and the Deathstrike I brought for funzies. Imagine your army getting into CC with most of you opponent, just to be consumed in a big explosion that you caused! This also gives your opponent get something to target all his antitank and meltaguns at. :D

Splug
06-13-2011, 12:46 PM
Here's an awkward Necron army that has some minor potential to be functional and cause damage to another player, but has sufficient vulnerabilities and caveats for an experienced player to have no difficulty forcing either a phase-out or making you just stay away from objectives with your troops to avoid the phase-out. There are a few heavy hitters (Nightbringer, a monolith, pariahs), and the swarm of scarabs should be able to glance vehicles as a short-term lockdown mechanic - but ultimately the army will have trouble with mech, the back ranks aren't very mobile, and 20 necron models with no rez orb makes phase-out a very serious concern. You should be able to have a fun game, do some damage, then lose against anyone who understands how your codex works (and maybe pull some wins against someone who does not).

Necrons - 2000:
HQ:
300 - Nightbringer

Elites:
360 - Pariahs (10)

Troops:
180 - Warriors (10)
180 - Warriors (10)

Fast attack:
160 - Scarab Swarm (10) - Disruption Fields
160 - Scarab Swarm (10) - Disruption Fields
144 - Scarab Swarm (9) - Disruption Fields

Heavy Support:
235 - Monolith
110 - Tomb Spyder (2)
110 - Tomb Spyder (2)

Corvus-Master-of-The-4th
06-13-2011, 01:57 PM
This Thread is my favourite by miles :'). Why not an IG army with one Command squad, and full Infantry Platoons and Heavy Weapon squads, and nothing by more sillyness

montolith
06-13-2011, 04:30 PM
This Thread is my favourite by miles :'). Why not an IG army with one Command squad, and full Infantry Platoons and Heavy Weapon squads, and nothing by more sillyness

Well if you give you command squad every possible upgrade and brings straken it costs 390p.
One Fully kitted Infantry platoon will cost you 1860p. This includes both conscripts and special weapon squads, and commissars for everybody!

This gives you just about enough for the nice competitive score of 2250p. Good luck with those 50 conscripts running around, and try to keep them close to straken for a nice counter attack/furious charge combo. :)

Rissan4ever
06-14-2011, 11:09 AM
Well if you give you command squad every possible upgrade and brings straken it costs 390p.
One Fully kitted Infantry platoon will cost you 1860p. This includes both conscripts and special weapon squads, and commissars for everybody!

This gives you just about enough for the nice competitive score of 2250p. Good luck with those 50 conscripts running around, and try to keep them close to straken for a nice counter attack/furious charge combo. :)

BAH! That's waaaaaay too effective for this contest. Here's a truly lousy IG list:

Company Command Squad with no upgrades

6 Infantry Platoons
HQ and 5 Squads with no upgrades

Total Points: 1730
Model Count: 335!
No weapons better than S3 AP-!

L192837465
06-14-2011, 11:46 AM
BAH! That's waaaaaay too effective for this contest. Here's a truly lousy IG list:

Company Command Squad with no upgrades

6 Infantry Platoons
HQ and 5 Squads with no upgrades

Total Points: 1730
Model Count: 335!
No weapons better than S3 AP-!

You have to make it legal though. Add in a deathstrike launcher or two. DONE.

sneakyben
06-23-2011, 03:17 AM
Guys,

This has given me some great ideas!

I didn't expect to come back from holiday to find 3 pages of genius! :D

nosferatu
06-26-2011, 03:15 AM
hmmm worst list....this is a 1.5k list i have actually gone against.
chaos marines; 1xlord with mark of khorne
greater deamon
2x five man units of bezerkers wiht no upgrades
fill out the rest of the points with summoned deamons....anyone notice the balls up here?

tongalad
06-26-2011, 04:18 PM
I've been thinking about a "300" metal Catachan army....be neat just to outnumber any hordes army with IG.

billybox
06-28-2011, 12:35 PM
Need I say more, really?

I think I have the minis to pull this one off actually. Some old Eldar Pirates from Rogue Trader era dressed up as Storm Guardians, and regular dudes with old school weapons platforms. Bring them in their masses. Like the Aspect Warriors called in sick that day. I'm not sure, lead them with an Avatar? I've got it, the old short Avatar (I have 2), like they couldn't find an aspect warrior to sacrifice, so the Avatar came out kinda stumpy.

RealGenius
06-28-2011, 03:00 PM
Blood Angels:
Captain 100pts

Death Company (30): 600pts, 30x 2x thunder hammers 1800pts, 30x jump packs 450pts: 2850pts

Scout squad: 75pts

3025pts

This is a good suggestion, because a truly bad army has no scoring units, so in many cases it just can't win.

Here are my current favorite worst army:

"Who Let the Dogs Out?"

Canis
Wolf Lord on Thunderwolf, TH/SS, all the extras, Fen Wolf
Wolf Lord on Thunderwolf, FW/SS, all the extras, Fen Wolf
2 x (Thunderwolf Cav, PW)
Thunderwolf Cav, 5 SS, TH
4 x (15 Fenrisian Wolves)

2000 pt list with no scoring units