PDA

View Full Version : Well, so I scratchbuilt a few titans

gwensdad
06-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Here's some crappy pictures of them outside.

I still regard myself NOT a master modeler or master painter.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmfzv6m1ji1qcu9k1o1_500.jpg

Gwen was asked to stand here so I can figure out if she's the right height for an Imperator. The Warhounds are up to her knee so according to the datasheet if I wanted one it should be her height.

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmg165hZ301qcu9k1o1_500.jpg

If anything, this is always a good experiment to do in building stuff and experimental painting.

Tynskel
06-07-2011, 07:54 PM
your name makes more sense now...

by the way, AWESOME! Pew pew! Pew pew!

Lord Inquisitor
06-07-2011, 09:50 PM
Not bad in the least. I'd say their quality is right under scratch builds that look almost the same as the real thing. And for the amount of times I assume you get to use them you got an exponentially better deal.

Kieranator K82
06-07-2011, 10:19 PM
Gwen was asked to stand here so I can figure out if she's the right height for an Imperator

...she's the right height for an Imperator

Wait... are you planning on dressing up your daughter as a massive war machine and making her stand on the table for a weekend during an Apocalypse game? That, sir, is an interesting idea.

gwensdad
06-07-2011, 10:31 PM
Wait... are you planning on dressing up your daughter as a massive war machine and making her stand on the table for a weekend during an Apocalypse game? That, sir, is an interesting idea.

If she had the attention span I would.
But she wouldn't make it though the movement phase.

(special stomp attack: she dances to a "Glee" CD, everyone make a moral test)

Meph
06-07-2011, 11:31 PM
ROFL! :D

Good job on the titans! (and too bad about the Imperator plan.) :D

MarneusCalgar
06-08-2011, 07:45 AM
Good job!!!

And pretty daughter, will she paint like you??

gwensdad
06-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Good job!!!

And pretty daughter, will she paint like you??

She's painted a few old grots a long while back. She did a marine last year that she just wanted to "look like it's been in mud". Very caked on looking that I'd use as a Plague Marines if I could.
Maybe we'll play with painting some of my fantasy this summer as a "training".

BrokenWing
06-08-2011, 11:43 AM
Speaking as someone who owns a Forge World Titan. Nice work. I wouldn't be able to scratch build my way out of a wet paper bag with a hole in it.

BrokenWing
06-08-2011, 11:44 AM
Also, nice Dalek quote. Always like a good Dalek quote.