PDA

View Full Version : Forge World MK Armours

wittdooley
06-07-2011, 07:45 AM
So I unearthed a mixed bag of these armours (a buddy and I split) and am trying to decide which army to integrate them into, and how, and I'm looking for suggestions. I'll list below the armies I presently have (don't laugh) and I'ld love to solicit ideas:

Blood Angels (mostly played as DoA)
Salamanders (played as fluffy Vulkan Sallies; no speeders, bikes)
Grey Knights (just started, probably Crowe/Purifiers/Paladins)
Space Wolves (main army, played as Furry Death - TW Cav, as Drop Pod)
Dark Angels (Ravenwing)

So yes, I am the Emperor's Beeyatch. But still, I'm looking for ideas on how to model these dudes, and ideas for which army they'd best fit. Thanks in advance!

Grailkeeper
06-07-2011, 09:23 AM
How many exactly do you have?

I thought they would make great sternguard (and they're cheaper than the GW minis alought they don't have guns) You could also use them to model other veterans.

If you wanted to give an over all archaic feel to an army you could give component pieces to each model- eg each marine would be 90% plastic but have a forgeworld helmet/shoulder pad/ arm whatever. This would probably lessen the impact they'd have over all.

Xanadu
06-07-2011, 09:24 AM
To be honest, the fluffiest incorporation would be Charachodons, given that they don't really have much access to newer stuff. Entirely up to you though. :)

See my Tactical squad below for 'inspiration'

http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx219/Couderoy_Brown/4f8091a2.jpg

The AKH
06-07-2011, 01:14 PM
The Forge World armour would fit well into your Salamanders army - to show the level of craftsmanship and artifice which the Sallies put into their wargear. Whether you use them for a specific unit type (such as Sternguard, as Grailkeeper suggests) or mix the pieces in with the standard plastics, is up to you.

Kieranator K82
06-12-2011, 06:50 AM
Grey Knights are a definite no -> they only use the Aegis armour, which is its own separate MK. I personally would like to see Carcharodons, because Space Sharks are awesome.

Wildeybeast
06-12-2011, 09:06 AM
Like Space Sharks, the Ravenguard use a lot of older stuff so you could fit it in with them. If you want to keep them in one of your current armies, then as AKH suggestes salamanders would be best.