PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Tournament DE

Dominic
06-05-2011, 02:10 PM
Heres my 1500 DE list for a tournament; this should be relativly competative, and I'll give a run down of the units after the list/

HQ

Haemonculus

Haemonculus

ELITES

x3 Trueborn
- x3 Blasters
- Venom
- Splinter Cannon
- Night Shields

x3 Trueborn
- x3 Blasters
- Venom
- Splinter Cannon
- Night Shields

TROOPS

x10 Kabalite Warriors
- Shredder
- Splinter Cannon
- Raider
- Night Shields
- Flicker Fields

x10 Kabalite Warriors
- Shredder
- Splinter Cannon
- Raider
- Night Shields
- Flicker Fields

x8 Wyches
- Hetrix
- Agoniser
- Raider
- Night Shields

x9 Wyches
- Hetrix
- Agoniser
- Raider
- Night Shields

HEAVY SUPPORT

Ravager
- Flicker Field

Ravager
- Flicker Field

Ravager
- Disintergrator Cannons
- Flicker Field

The army is pretty simple in design; the two Haemonculi go with the wych squads, so they'll have FNP making them more resilient if and when their raiders get destroyed. The two Warrior squads provide suppressive fire, claim objectives and assault if needed.

Raiders are given some protection in the form of night shields, hopefuly keeping them out of rapid fire range of bolters etc.

The anti-tank in present in the two ravangers, aswell as the two blaster trueborn squads. Finally, the disintergrator ravanger can take out any heavy troops.

C & C welcome :D

AlCorps
06-05-2011, 09:27 PM
Replace both warrior squads with 3 5-man squads with a blaster in venoms, and drop one wych, giving you 10 points to play with.
This will give you more troops choices which won't be charging towards the enemy lines, with some better long range anti-infantry firepower..
And give that last ravager dark lances like the others. Disintegrators look nice on paper, but the mass venom fire is better.

The other guy
06-06-2011, 04:25 PM
Disintegrators look nice on paper, but the mass venom fire is better.

I completely dis-agree with this.

When i was at Throne of Skulls in April, Lots of my opponents had Terminators, and Disintegrator shots go through terminators like a hot knife through butter.

Also, most opponents underestimated the ravager until it fired, allowing me to get the best shots possible

just my 2cents

BrokenWing
06-06-2011, 04:36 PM
If you're gunboating your warriors, why no splinter racks?

incenerate101
06-10-2011, 05:58 AM
Why put your Haemonculis in with Wytchs? Haemonculis do not have fleet therefore making your wytches have to hoof it after thier raider goes down ( Considering the likely hood of them being blown up on turn 1 or 2 which will kill most of your wytchs ) I suggest keeping your Haemonculi back with the warrior squads giving them FNP or start them in the wytch squads on the table outside the raider and on your turn leave said squad conferring them a pain token and also allowing them to embark into their raiders and move on about their business. Out of experience putting Haemonculi in wytch squads its a terrible mistake. With the Haemonculi your wytches get FNP but lose their ability to fleet, which is makes them so dangerous. With the haemonculi in the squad with them it makes them nothing but cannon fodder.

eldargal
06-10-2011, 06:14 AM
Dropping the Haemonculi out of the Wych squads before moving the Wyches lets you leave the Hamonculi pain tokens with the Wyches, making them much tougher right away. The Wyches can than fleet move freely.

DrLove42
06-10-2011, 06:21 AM
I Disagree with Incen above me...the hemon belong with the wyches

If a raider blows, you will lose half the squad due to them only having a 6+. The hemon gives you more survivabilty. And when its time to dismount/forced out, have the hemo leave the squad and find cover if he can...(so not to die and give up KP) the wyches are then free to fleet.

But don't this on turn 1. If you get your wyches sperate and then have them get in a raider, or have the hemo get out the raider, it's limited in movement and won't be free to move as far, or assault in turn 1

Also keep on raider with disints...or (if you can) have each raider have 2 lances and 1 disint...you get the same firepower (across all the squads) but have better survivabilty with the lances.

I'd consider dropping the Nightshields on your warriors boats, as they will be very close to shoot, making the shields slightly useless. Consider giving the points to the Wyches and spreading some Haywire 'nades around. Or as someone has already said, splinter racks...I also find envenomed blades work well on close fire support raiders...if your close enough to shoot, your close enough to be assaulted...and conferring a few wounds in combat is nice! Or grenade launchers, to make people run more often...

Cheese
06-10-2011, 10:43 PM
Don't mix Disintegrators with Dark Lances, it's a terrible idea. All that means is that to get the same amount of Lance shots at their vehicles, you're giving up all your Disintegrator shots, or vice versa if you want to fire your disintegrator cannons. Personally I'd drop the Disintegrator Cannons though, not because they're bad, but because Lances are bad. The only way we can down enemy vehicles is with massed lance fire and you really need every shot you can get, not to mention they'll drop those Ravagers quickly and if they down the 2 Lance ones you're at a serious handicap with your AT.