PDA

View Full Version : Skarre Cryx Commission

VictoryTSF
06-04-2011, 06:57 AM
So, I got asked by a mate of mine to paint his Cryx army - I'll be doing a piece/unit at a time, to a high tabletop standard (I hope). It's gonna take a while but he knows it's competing with my plans for Golden Demon so he's Ok with it (he's gonna be my support group on Games Day so it's all good... he knows the deal).
Here's (http://victorytsf.blogspot.com/) the link to Skarre on my blog, and some other stuff, I know the photography isn't brilliant but we're struggling 'cos the camera is cheap. His choice of colour scheme, he wants the whole army to look like it's wearing corrupted naval uniforms....

Chronowraith
06-04-2011, 08:19 AM
I'm not a big fan of the colors used in skarre but that isn't anything you can change. There just seems to be no coherency as there are really stark reds, blues, and greens.

Still, despite my distaste for the colors your technique is very nice from what I can determine from the photos.

What are you doing for GD?

VictoryTSF
06-04-2011, 09:42 AM
I agree about the colours, they aren't my cup of tea either... still, the customer is always right. He picked Red and Blue with Green glow... I'd have just gone with the Green with leather myself, that's pretty much what my Cryx look like.

As for GD... that's a secret :p. Keep an eye on my blog, I'll have it in there closer to the time. I want to win another trophy so my paranoia goes away and I stop worrying I pulled off a flukey win....

Chronowraith
06-04-2011, 12:52 PM
Fair enough! I'll just keep my eye out for it when you present it.

Looking forward to seeing whatever you do present for GD though. Good Luck!