PDA

View Full Version : Tournament Play and 'Plays As Armies'

aycee71
06-04-2011, 01:38 AM
I've pretty much have just played Eldar for the past 20+ years and have thought about starting some kind of Space Marine-ish army. The Astral Claws from Forge World look nice. If I build an Astral Claws force and wanted to use some other codex then Space Marines how does one do that? To an Eldar all you Mon-keighs look the same.

Farseer Aycee

SotonShades
06-04-2011, 10:09 AM
From what I've seen, unless you have painted up your marines as a codex mentioned in the SM Codex, you can just say to your opponant "I'm using the ... Codex for these marines"

Usually not a problem, especially if the model is still WYSIWYG. Most people don't mind too much, so long as you don't constantly swap which codex you are using from one day to the next... or even one battle to the next, as I've seen some people do. This is especially true if you just swap out which codex you are using to suit which opponant/army you are facing.

Personnally I would recommend using one codex, sticking to it and really getting to know it... I play Marines, Guard and Orks, so maybe I should take my own advice there :P

jorz192
06-05-2011, 09:44 AM
I actually think switching up codecies is a good thing. For me it's fun to create an army that would work in theory for BA one day and switch to Eldar the next. I think it helps me learn to create armies that can function against a variety of opponents. I do have marine and DE armies so I can easily substitute models in.

For tournaments I have never played in one so I can't really say how other players would react.