PDA

View Full Version : Kitting out vanilla Librarians

Mike X
06-03-2011, 03:21 PM
I have two Librarians in my army. For the fluff, I consider them to be the same Marine but in different armors (power versus Terminator). I typically give him a standard bolt pistol, since shooting with him seems silly.

But when it comes down to it, I never really know what psychic powers to give him. There's so many good ones, and upgrading him to Epistolary is so expensive! Add on Terminator armor, and that's one pricy HQ.

So, I need advice. How do you kit your Librarians?

Chronowraith
06-03-2011, 03:51 PM
I have two Librarians in my army. For the fluff, I consider them to be the same Marine but in different armors (power versus Terminator). I typically give him a standard bolt pistol, since shooting with him seems silly.

But when it comes down to it, I never really know what psychic powers to give him. There's so many good ones, and upgrading him to Epistolary is so expensive! Add on Terminator armor, and that's one pricy HQ.

So, I need advice. How do you kit your Librarians?

Null Zone is pretty much a must-have for me. After that it comes down to what you want out of your librarian. I use to play a drop pod heavy army that utilized locator beacons to allow my librarian and his squad to teleport around the field with Gate of Infinity. Force Dome is a solid choice for a librarian you plan to hang back with or put with foot sloggers. Usually I just take the flamer template power as my second ability though.

Suttobs
06-03-2011, 08:46 PM
A Termie Librarian w/ Avenger (the flamer template one, kills PA Marines dead) and Null Zone and equipped w/ a Storm Shield seems popular in my neck of the woods, particularly when paired w/ a Term. Assault Squad. That said it's a nice chunk of points (340 + a LR if you want it).