PDA

View Full Version : 2K Dark Eldar balanced list for competitive play

GAR
06-03-2011, 09:57 AM
Howdy, so here is my latest version of my 2K tourney list.

HQs
Lady Malys

(2) haemonculi with liquifier guns

(Troops)
5 Kabalite Warriors with shredder in a Venom w/ Dual Splinter cannons

8 Wyches with Hekatrix with Haywire grenades & Agonizer in Raider with shock prow, NS & FF
8 Wyches with Hekatrix with Haywire grenades & Agonizer in Raider with shock prow, NS & FF

(Elites)
4 Trueborn with blasters in Raider with shock prow, NS & FF
4 Trueborn with blasters in Raider with shock prow, NS & FF

(Fast Attack)
5 Scourges with haywire blasters

(Heavy)
Ravager w/ 3 Dark Lances and FF

Lady Malys & haemi will ride with one unit of wyches, other haemi will ride with others. Lady Malys is my HQ choice because I like the immune to psychic powers, redeployment and she can crank out a lot of attacks. She is cheap and in my estimation good for what she does.

My thinking, and please correct me if I am wrong, but I will have the warriors sit back if there are any deep strikers and shoot from a distance trying to provide some cover for the Ravagers. The Wyches and trueborn will move up to attack whatever targets of opportunity are available.

Once things open up, I can commit the warriors to plug gaps or snatch objectives or apply additional pressure on infantry or chase down and wipe out depleted units.

The scourges serve dual roles, haywire blasters are not really there to destroy vehicles, they are there to buy me time by stunning them for a turn or two while my DL destroy other armor threats. Once they armor is under control they can jump around and pick off depleted infantry. If they get the golden bullet and destroy armor, great, but I am not counting on it.

I think I have a decent amount of duality and redundancy in this list, and it is a meant to be as TAC list. It seems to me to be balanced across the board.

I have read a lot of tacticas from Thor to Dash to some of the ones Stelek has written, everyone has their own ideas of what works best. My goal here Is not to copy their lists, although there is nothing wrong with them. My goal is to build something that provides balance, is competive and will not be a one trick pony that can be easily countered by a skilled player.

My set up with raiders and venoms seems contrary to what others have done, I have my trueborn in raiders with NS & FF, and while this seems to be a waste of transport space, I intend to push them forward and maximize my disembark options, plus if I do embark back onto them, I have much large threat zone using the length of the raider instead of the venom.

My warriors in venoms are to protect and deep striking threats or drop pods in my deployment zone, or to harass enemy infantry from a distance. I know that blasters are preferred for a small unit of warriors, but I intend to keep them back at first and use the venoms long range to pick off enemy threats, such as long fangs, then move up and clean up with the warriors and claim objectives. This is of course subject to change based on my opponent, but for now I am focusing on a SW long fang list and a mech heavy IG list. Maybe it will work, maybe not. My previous iterations of my list have done decently, with me getting wins, but they were close wins.

The scourges are kind of the odd ducks, but I had 140 points left over and not enough to due a decent trueborn unit or a beast unit, and these guys fit in nicely, can harass armor or infantry and deep strike as well if I need to.

Overall I can target, per turn, 10 different armored units with darklight or haywire weapons, and 8 different infantry units at 12 inches and 4 at greater than 12 inches.
I have 2 dedicated CC units, which while they may not be a deathstar or anyting that devastating, should be capable of dealing with depleted or basic units.Raiders with shock prows can ram or tank shock to move enemy in a direction I prefer, assuming they live that long. I intend to shoot elite CC units.

I hope my explanation of my units and break down helps. Please feel free to poke gaping holes in this. Thanks much

Xelkireth
06-03-2011, 11:44 AM
You're really serious. :p

GAR
06-03-2011, 11:50 AM
Yup, I'm pretty gosh darn serious. ;)

newtoncain
06-03-2011, 02:15 PM
This is just my opinion on DE.
HQ- Hae x 3 (2 lig and 1 shatter)
T-Wyches x 9 (haywire) in raider(ff/SP/GT) x 3
T-Wracks w/ Liq x 2 in raider (ff/SP/GT) x 3