PDA

View Full Version : 1250pt LoganWing looking to expand to 1750

Zombie_Pimp
06-01-2011, 03:56 AM
I just finnished painting my first 1250 pts of my loganwing army and now i'm looking to expand it into 1750 any ideas are apreciated
Logan Grimnar: 275

Rune Priest 125
Wolf Tooth Necklace, Chooser of the slain, Meltabombs
living lightning, Jaws of the world wolf

Wolf Guard Terminators x4: 367
1x Arjac Rockfist
1x Claw + Combi-flamer
1x Claw + Combi-Melta
1x Claw +storm bolter
Drop Pod +Deathwind Launcher

Wolf Guard Terminatorsx5 240
1xT-Hammer, S-Shield
1x Cyclone Missile
2x Blank
1xChainfist

Wolf Guard Terminators x 5 240
1xT-Hammer, S-Shield
1x Cyclone Missile
2x Blank
1xChainfist

Total 1247

the basic strategy is to force the other army to deal with logan and arjac wile the other two squads hold objectives and support with there cyclone launchers and living lightning from the rune priest. the list has been doing fairly well considering my noob skillz when it comes to 40k. I'm thinking adding land speeders with multi meltas to help deal with heavy tanks but any advice I can get on how to expand would be apreciated

B-rock
06-01-2011, 08:10 PM
take longfangs with all missile launchers. They are amazing! Scouts are a good investment too. lone wolves are great for tank hunting as well.

BrokenWing
06-01-2011, 09:10 PM
Long Fangs==win =).

Also consider expanding your sit and shoot squads to 10.

Zombie_Pimp
06-01-2011, 10:02 PM
got it buying longfangs any ideas on where to get missile launcher bits for cheap-ish

@B-rock: I like the idea of lone wolves but how do you equip them for tank hunting?

@Brokenwing: so having lets say 2x10 man sit and shoot squads is better than 3-4x5 why is that?

BrokenWing
06-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Oh I didn't see you were adding a third squad. In that case just considering adding one or two more guys to each squad just to flesh them out a little.

B-rock
06-01-2011, 10:29 PM
friends scout units dev squads normal marine players not using their missiles

Zombie_Pimp
06-03-2011, 07:35 PM
ok so taking advice given this is the what i'm thinking about running (holy missle spam)

Logan Grimnar: 275

Rune Priest 125
Wolf Tooth Necklace, Chooser of the slain, Meltabombs
living lightning, Jaws of the world wolf

Wolf Guard Terminators x4: 367
1x Arjac Rockfist
1x Claw + Combi-flamer
1x Claw + Combi-Melta
1x Claw +storm bolter
Drop Pod +Deathwind Launcher

Wolf Guard Terminatorsx5 250
1xT-Hammer, S-Shield
1x Cyclone Missile
2x blank
1xChainfist

Wolf Guard Terminators x 5 250
1xT-Hammer, S-Shield
1x Cyclone Missile
2x blank
1xChainfist

Long Fangsx6 140
5 Misssile Launchers

Long Fangsx6 140
5 Misssile Launchers

Total 1527 and here's where i can't decide what to add either 2 lone wolves (chaifist/SS), 3 land speeders (multi melta heavy flamer), a drop pod WG squad for last ditch objective grabbing, or a big fat scout squad

incenerate101
06-10-2011, 08:52 AM
Id actually consider decking out a squad in all wolf claws with a wolf priest in a land raider. Reroll to hit AND wound is nice. I wouldnt do that land speeders just for the fact of they are ify at best against certain armies. Id consider actually making more squads with the drop pods. 1 Drop pod is eh but throw in 3 where 2 come in first turn. Thats really nice

Zombie_Pimp
06-10-2011, 06:44 PM
Id actually consider decking out a squad in all wolf claws with a wolf priest in a land raider. Reroll to hit AND wound is nice. I wouldnt do that land speeders just for the fact of they are ify at best against certain armies. Id consider actually making more squads with the drop pods. 1 Drop pod is eh but throw in 3 where 2 come in first turn. Thats really nice

thanks for the advice and now for some of my noob question:

how about fiting all of my current terminator squads with Drop Pods then that way i get three drop pods (seems to be the magic number from what i hear)?

I'm kinda worried adding a land raider when my only other vehicles are drop pods seems like I might as well paint a target on it (actually if i ever get a raider that will probably be its paint sceme) how survivable is a single land raider at 1750 point games

incenerate101
06-12-2011, 05:44 AM
Well the problem with Drop Pods is the fact that you cannot assault out of them there leaving them open to any and potentially ALL enemy gun fire. Outfitting your current Termies with Drop Pods and a land raider with some cheap troops ( blood claws being the best choice ) could and most likely will draw some of the attention away from your terminators Drop Podding their way in.