PDA

View Full Version : Longtime Lurker

Xelkireth
05-31-2011, 04:23 AM
I've been playing 40k for six plus years now. The deciding factors for armies for me was, and still is, in this order: Background story, conversion potential, model aesthetic, plastic kitbashing potential and then rules. My first choice in the matter was Dark Eldar, but after seeing the hideous models (mind you this was in 2005), I elected to start with Chaos. Having gotten reamed in the new Codex, I sold my entire Chaos force (which was a completely converted all sonic Emperor's Children army) and lurked around for a few years.

I picked up a small Eldar force when a previous employer started an escalation league at work. I got my army up to 1750 and was did fairly well. That army was set on the backburner as I quickly got sick of units breaking and running. I returned to my Chaos roots, but really lacked any motivation at all to finish building what I purchased. And then... the unexpected happened. In the same month, Duke Nukem Forever was announced followed by the announcement of the rerelease of Dark Eldar.

I traded/sold the remaining boxes and models of my Eldar and Chaos armies to help fund the descent into true evil. Which, in a round about way, leads me to now. Without further rambling and background stuff, I bid you all hello.

Wolfshade
05-31-2011, 03:15 PM
Hello and welcome

david5th
06-01-2011, 09:13 AM
Hello & welcome Xelkireth.