PDA

View Full Version : DE 1500 Mix of Everything list

Dunadan
05-30-2011, 10:05 PM
Planning to field this once my Voidraven arrives, and the Wracks are released

HQ 260
Lady Malys 130 (joins Wyches)
-Really fun HQ, but I haven't had the chance to use her redeploy yet.

Haemonculus Ancient 130 (joins Wracks, giving them Furious Charge from the get go)
-Crucible of Malediction (GK just became popular at the FLGS)
-Liquifier Gun
-Agoniser

Elites 181
4 Kabalite Trueborn 116 (go in Venom)
-4x Blaster
-Haywire Grenades

Venom 65
-2x Splinter Cannon

Troops 658
2x 13 Warriors 142
-Blaster
-Splinter Cannon

7 Wyches 124 (go in Raider)
-Hekatrix w/ Agoniser
-Wych Weapon (but wych one to take?)
-Haywire Grenades

9 Wracks 100 (go in Raider)
-Liquifier Gun

2x Raider 75
-Dark Lance
-Shock Prow
-Flickerfield

Heavy Support 400
Ravager 115
-3x Dark Lances
-Flickerfield

Cronos 100
-Spirit Vortex (killed 9/10 pagk in a single round of shooting!)

Voidraven Bomber 185
-Night Shields
-Flickerfield
-2x Necrotoxin Missiles

1499 points

Cheese
05-31-2011, 02:02 AM
Trueborn are one of the few armies I would put the Haywire Grenades on, otherwise they're really just wasted (on your wyches for example). For the Wych weapons, Flails and Shardnets work best in pairs, but when you've only got 1 the Hydra Gauntlet would be the way to go.

13 Warriors? Why not just 10 in Raiders?

Flickerfields are not worth it on Raiders. You'll turbo-boost, getting a 4+ save, then your unit will get out, meaning it's job is done.

Overall it looks pretty good.

Dunadan
05-31-2011, 08:54 AM
13 Warriors? Why not just 10 in Raiders?

'cause I'm cheap ;)

Flickerfields are not worth it on Raiders. You'll turbo-boost, getting a 4+ save, then your unit will get out, meaning it's job is done.

I've found it's worth the extra 10 points if it means they get to fire their Dark Lance or tank shock something, or if I have to run a through a field of Hydras.

Thanks for the Wych weapon advice

Cheese
06-01-2011, 12:28 AM
Alright then. And no problem.

Wolf Brother Hellstrom
06-01-2011, 11:45 AM
Trueborn are one of the few armies I would put the Haywire Grenades on, otherwise they're really just wasted (on your wyches for example).

so what do you do when your wyches are assualted by a dreadnought or defiler or the only way to win a contested objective is to blow up a vehicle. Its a good idea to have haywire grenades for a whole bunch of reasons and they are fairly cheap. sure wyches without grenades can tarpit a dreadnought for a rounds but they will eventually die, but iwould rather have the chance to kill it and go on to something else than slowly commit suicide.

Dunadan
06-01-2011, 08:22 PM
Agreed, especially now that the Agoniser no longer glances on a 6. After my trueborn got blasted out of their venom and tarpitted by a warwalker, I put haywire grenades on as many guys as I could. Plus, it's only 14 pts to make my Wyches a backup anti-tank unit.

TheRise
06-02-2011, 05:19 AM
I don't get your list at all.
7 whyches?
No incubi or Mandrakes or anything?
Voidraven? Razorwings are so much better. razorwing have anti-tank and anti-infantry for the same cost!

Dunadan
06-02-2011, 10:00 AM
7 wyches, because even with 9 I couldn't take an extra wych weapon, and I'm dealing with limited storage space in my minis case. All of my models(sans wracks & voidraven) are from an army I put together for cheap before the new codex came out, so I haven't picked up any of the new stuff yet. My FLGS's metagame is Grey Knights, Eldar, and occasionally Orks and CSM, so Incubi and Mandrakes don't really do too well.
As to the Voidraven, I'm willing to pay for the extra points of armour and strength.

Velium
06-02-2011, 09:24 PM
7My FLGS's metagame is Grey Knights, Eldar, and occasionally Orks and CSM, so Incubi and Mandrakes don't really do too well.

How do incubi not do well with str4 power weapons? unless the GK player is rocking halberd spam you'll have initiative and be denying a 3+ save. also ap3 flamer on the klaivex is pretty boss. as to the mandrakes, if you can cheese (haemonculus swap) them a pain token on turn 1, they'll tear orks and eldar apart, and theyre one of the few units you have that can glance vehicles with shooting v rear armor and in assault w/out grenades or FC from two tokens.

edit: you also know that the crucible will, due to brotherhood of psykers, kill a justicar/one dude in the squads it hits, right? awfully expensive piece of somewhat unreliable loot.

Cheese
06-02-2011, 11:51 PM
I've said this many times before; you're playing Dark Eldar, the fastest army in the game. How are you getting assaulted by walkers? If that's happening you've probably lost anyway. It's also a 6 to hit and your chances of doing anything serious are extremely limited, so chances are you'd just be slowly dieing in the combat anyway. For last turn assaults against vehicles, most would have furious charge and that with the amount of attacks you have should really be enough.

7 Wyches is a fine number. I run my Bloodbrides at 7. It's not too small, but still nice and cheap.
Voidravens are brilliant tanks. Dark Eldar really do not excel at multi-tasking, and the S9 Lances are great, though I prefer Ravagers personally.

Dunadan
06-03-2011, 09:34 AM
@Velium: At least one of the players does run halberd spam, I haven't seen the other guys list yet. Is it worth the mandrakes giving up infiltrate/outflank? Are you suggesting to run them on foot in my deployment zone? I also fight Eldar and 'nids, so while the Crucible is unpredictable, it seems too much fun to pass up.

@Cheese: Warwalkers outflanked me, blasted my venom out of the sky, and then caught up with my trueborn as they were making a retreat from the wreckage. The Ork player runs a lot of killa kans and dreads, so it's useful for tank killing if I get desperate, though as you say, I will probably already be losing.

Velium
06-05-2011, 10:19 PM
for the mandrakes, yeah its worth losing the special deployment. you really dont gain anything by infiltrating on orks. put them in cover, blast away and then slink forward once the boyz pass you to get your "tastier" units. its not a list tailor or anything, but it does let you use a creative deployment to wreak some havoc. it does wonders on poorly armored nid and guard hordes, too... eldar dont have many armor saves better than 4+, either. so having an fnp squad with something like 20 str 4 ap 4 shots on turn one can outweigh silly deployments that just get your fragile mandrakes closer to death.

vs the halberd spam gk's incubi might not be the BEST choice, but its still not a bad one and the klaivex can take an ap3 flamer in bloodstone. 2-3 dead gk's from the flamer and then youre about trading point for point killing halberd gk's with incubi. if he runs halberd strikes he only has one attack. if youre aggressive and hit him with an str 4 power weapon unit you can really put the hurt on him because he'll only hit you half the time and still need three's to wound with the blows that land. keep in mind that theyre also a great, great great squad for killing non halberd other MEQ's

Dunadan
06-06-2011, 08:18 PM
Good points. At the moment I only have two Incubi and Klaivex w/ Demiklaives(old Drazhar model). Is this enough for an effective squad, or is a 5 strong group better?

Cheese
06-09-2011, 05:01 AM
I wouldn't run them below 5 men.

As for the War Walker, that was just bad luck. The Ork Player that spams Killa Kans and Dreads would be hard to kill anyway. Dark Eldar really aren't great at AT whether you use Haywire Spam, Lance Spam or a mix of everything, we just can't do it as well as other armies. The main reason Haywires don't work against Walkers is because you're hitting on 6's, which will usually only result in a single hit, maybe 2 and that means very little damage done, if any. Haywire Blasters on the other hand are quite decent...

Dunadan
06-24-2011, 10:29 PM
Played some games, revised my list:
HQ
Lady Malys 130(joins Wyches)

Haemonculus 80(joins Wracks)
-Liquifier Gun
-Agoniser

Elites
3x 3 Kabalite Trueborn 86(small sniper groups)
-2x Dark Lances

Venom 65(zooms around by itself dakka-ing stuff)
-2x Splinter Cannon

Troops
2x 10 Warriors 100
-Splinter Cannon

9 Wyches 148 (go in Raider)
-Hekatrix w/ Agoniser
-Hydra Gauntlet
-Haywire Grenades

9 Wracks 100 (go in Raider)
-Liquifier Gun

2x Raider 75
-Dark Lance
-Shock Prow
-Flickerfield

Heavy Support
Ravager 115
-3x Dark Lances
-Flickerfield

Cronos 100
-Spirit Vortex

Voidraven Bomber 155
-Flickerfield

Cheese
06-25-2011, 03:36 AM
Again with the Haywires. I swear they're the Thousand Sons of Dark Eldar.

As for the rest of it, I only have 1 problem; it's 1 point over. It's a point limit, not suggestion. Hey! I figured out a great way to get under the points! Drop the Haywires.

Dunadan
06-25-2011, 10:26 PM
I'd rather drop a shock prow, they've been far more useless. It may also intrigue you that Thousand Sons is the only CSM army that I have an interest in.

Cheese
06-26-2011, 02:17 AM
1k Sons are not bad fluff or model wise, but their rules are terrible. The main reason I compared them to Haywire Grenades is because everytime a person see's them the first time they think they're just the best thing ever, and usually continue to believe so until they try other things and realise that there's just so many other better things that those points could be spent on.