PDA

View Full Version : Where to find background?

_Si_
09-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Hi folks,

so I've always been a 40ker of some descript, but I've started making some fantasy scenery and am looking to find a little background info with regards to the fantasy setting.

Can someone recommend which books I might get hold of to find out more info about the empire, and more about the dwarfs. Namely their lives away from the battlefields and the relationship between the two.

I don't have any plans to game, so old army books are fine if they're better for fluff, only there's been rather a lot and I don't know which to buy!

Any advice gratefully received,
cheers
Si

RandomX
09-03-2009, 01:51 AM
For Dwarves I would go with a copy of the BL background book Grudge Bearer. Pretty decent. It is written by the same guy who does their Dwarf fiction. Not too bad.

_Si_
09-03-2009, 11:20 AM
great stuff, I'll give it a look, cheers.

I know in 40k historically the older books had more indepth fluff, is that the same with fantasy? Should I be looking for original rule books and the like?

Gilean1
09-03-2009, 11:25 AM
Yeah most of the older books have more indepth fluff on the armies. The newer books seem to describe stuff that recently happened Like the Storm of Chaos.

_Si_
09-03-2009, 03:17 PM
I think a rummage around ebay is in order. If I find anything that looks promising I'll pop back for info ;)

I did find a rather good looking one on amazon, Grudgelore. But since they want 50quid for a second hand copy I passed..