PDA

View Full Version : Lamenters - advice needed

albertsevil
05-28-2011, 02:19 PM
Hey all, could I please have your advice on this army and how to both fill it to 2000 points and drop it to 1500. I have two tournaments coming up and little experience with this force. Any and all advice is welcome.

P.s. yellow is not the most fun colour to paint!

HQ
Librarian (jump pack, blood lance, unleash rage) - 125

Troop
Tactical Squad x10 (powerfist, lascannon, plasma gun) - 215
Razorback (las and t/l plas) - 90
Assault Squad x10 (power fist, meltaguns x2) - 235
Assault Squad x10 (power sword, melta bombs, meltaguns x2) - 230
Scouts x5 (power sword, melta bombs) - 90

Fast
Scout Bikers x3 (power sword, melta bombs, astartes grenade launchers x3, cluster mines) - 130
Vanguard Veterans x5 (power sword x4, power fist x1, jump packs) - 235

Heavy Support
Devastators x10, (lascannon x1, plasma cannon x3) - 240
Razorback (las and t/l plas) - 90
Dreadnought (t/l autocannon x2) - 120
Dreadnought (t/l autocannon x2) - 120

Total - 1925

The things in italics will be removed for 1500.

For 2000 any suggestions on how to fill 75 spare points? I possibly have a lot more if I drop the grenade launchers on the bikes and melta bombs from various squads. So may have enough to spare to add a Baal Predator in.

I have various characters, Terminators, a Baal and Sternguard I could use.

Any and all help welcome. Good gaming to all.

martianblade
06-01-2011, 10:40 PM
I'd suggest a couple of things:

-you could bulk out your scout squad, possibly give the 5 additional models sniper rifles

-give the scouts camo cloaks

-add another vanguard vet possibly PS/SS

-or drop the scouts and get 2 or 3 landspeeders (variant of your choice) to provide some close range support for your jump units or to tank hunt

it all depends on what final gap your trying to fill in your army, I'd probably just go with 3 basic land speeders, one bumped up to a tornado pattern w/ a heavy flamer or heavy bolter simply because your list is lacking any real ranged anti-infantry besides the scout bike squad and the devastators(which I'm guessing are your anti-hammer squad)

or you could ignore what I just said because your playing lamenters and should drop the scouts and get a baal pred cause that would fill the gap a hellofalot better than a landspeeder squadron:D.

Tynskel
06-02-2011, 07:01 AM
keeping the Mortis Dreadnoughts at 1500 will be very useful. They are fantastic at ripping through light armor.

Dropping the Vanguard, and all the scouts should do it.

if you drop half of the devastators (including half of the weapons) you could probably squeeze a terminator squad in.

albertsevil
06-02-2011, 11:15 AM
Thank you both very much for the replies.

I think (with the models I have) that a baal predator with flamestorm cannon or sanguinary priest with jump pack and power sword are my options for filling out 2000 points. That or upgrading the librarian to Astaroth.

Has anybody got any good experience of Astaroth? Is his red-thirst increase worth the points?

What do you think is best - baal pred or sanguinary priest?

Thank you Tynskel, I will definitely keep the dreadnoughts at 1500.

Martianblade, I just can't get me head around land speeders being worth their points. They seem so ineffective (heavy bolters!) unless you spend lots of points on them.