PDA

View Full Version : Foot Black Templars... Assault Cannons, ho!!

Chexmix282
05-24-2011, 10:51 PM
Well I like Terminators, and I like Assault Cannons, so... I made this list :)

I originally had the models for this before the FAQ update, otherwise I might have gone with Cyclone Missile Launchers. But at $13 a piece on bits sites/ebay, It's too late to switch now, lol. Assault Cannons are cooler anyway, as I exclusively use the belt-fed ones from the SW Terminator box :D

Anywho, here's the list. It's full of awesome.

HQ
Castellan 108
-Power Sword, Storm Bolter, Terminator Armor, Tank Hunters
Sword Brethren Terminator Command Squad (4) 212
-2 Assault Cannons, Tank Hunters

Reclusiarch 128
-Terminator Armor, Storm Bolter, Tank Hunters
Sword Brethren Terminator Command Squad (4) 212

The Emperor's Champion 110
-Abhor the Witch

Elites
5 Sword Brethren Terminator Squad 255

Troops
Crusader Squad 155
-5 Initiates, 5 Neophytes, Meltagun, Lascannon

Crusader Squad 155

Crusader Squad 155

10 Tank Hunting Assault Cannons... gotta love it ;). 40 S7 Rending shots per turn is enough to cripple most mech armies (even parking lot IG/Dual Raider SM) within a few turns. Then the Terminators mop up with assaults, while the Crusader Squads move for objectives.

I've specifically chose Abhor the Witch as the free 6" of movement really helps my 24"-based army. And a little Psychic Defense is never bad to have!

Anyway, any idea of any lists that this one might have a hard time against? Or maybe some suggestions to replace one of the Crusader Squads? I want to stay all foot, and if anything I need additional Melta Support or even a tarpit unit to prevent things like TH/SS Terminators from running rampant among my lines.

Schlitzaf
05-29-2011, 05:53 PM
I play mostly mech templar, but if you plan on going shooty the 15 points for the marshall is worth considering you still have to take those pesky target pirority tests at -1

pardon any gammer and/or spelling failures