Heavy Support:

Ravager: 3 Dark Lances, Nightshield, Shock Prow
Total: 120

Ravager: 3 Dark Lances, Nightshield, Shock Prow
Total: 120

Razorwing Jetfighter: 4 Monosycthe, 2 Dark Lances, Twin-linked Splinter Rifles
Total: 145

Grand Total: 1499

This is the list I'm probably going to be using over the summer. I don't really know what the 'accepted' DE builds are, and I'm kind of just pulling this out of my ***.

Can anyone give me advice on Hellions? Are my Heavy Supports too overloaded? Do I have enough troops?

Please, tear this list apart.

EDIT: Crap, wrong forum.

DrLove42
05-24-2011, 07:09 AM
This is very similar to the list i'm running and is working very well.

My personal differences (and i'm not suggesting you copy me) is using Sliscus as the HQ, having the 2 Warriors squad on foot, using the points from not having a raider to make them bigger, give them a hemonculus for FNP and a Dark lance to sit on home objectives.

I use Reavers instead of Hellions...

And personally I'm a Flickerfield over a Nightshield man, but each to their own

Wolf Brother Hellstrom
05-24-2011, 08:14 AM
this is almost identical to the list i run :)

I agree with dr love take Duke Sliscus for a HQ he gives your hellions and wyches a better drug roll.

Take your two warrior squads and combine them into one big squad with 2 D lances and sit in the middle of the field and blast anything that moves. in my games this squad rarely gets into combat and if it does you got the duke and a sybarite along with alot of fodder to hang the offender

Shave off a couple of incubi with no upgrades. 7-8 incubi is enough to wipe put just about anything. if they dont the oppenent will take a big hammering and youll be safe in combat for the next round.

you also dont need all those upgrades on the raiders. they are just going to get blown up anyway Flickerfields do just fine. once the raiders deliver their cargo into combat just sit back and shoot with Dlances or provide cover.

with the points you save try and fit another squad of wyches or a heamon like drlove said or even the Baron for your hellions

be careful with the hellions! they arent a wipe out squad, use them to harry your opponent or slow their advance. one game vs Space wolve my hellions stalled Ragnar and a full squad of Grey hunters for 3 turns. they eventually died but by the time he got near my line he was pretty much by himself and got wiped out by my incubi and wyches after they mopped up the rest of his army. the baron also gives them a good boost if you can afford him.

just a few helpful hints, take it or leave it. Good Luck and let the heads roll :)

Calgar33
05-24-2011, 10:16 AM
Similar to a list I use. My thoughts is drop the shock prows across the board, this will give you extra points so you can buy one more hellion and still have a couple extra to spend on other upgrades. I would also consider using Desinigrator cannons on your razorwing instead of lances since you dont really have any through out the rest of your army and you have it tricked out to kill infantry anyways. Hope the army goes well for you.