PDA

View Full Version : Chimera (Resistance) killteam

purplespladge
09-02-2009, 02:43 PM
(First thread here HUZZAH)

Hey all

At my local GW they have been hosting a small kill team tournament and after playing a couple of games i was inspired to make one that really stands out from the crowd. At home i have been playing through Resistance 2 and i was inspired. make a killteam based on the Chimera!

Modeling wise i was thinking of using Tau Fire warrior torsos, legs and arms and customising the pathfinder weapons to make them look more like the bullseye. i would also greenstuff the cooling systems onto their backs and greenstuff piping onto their torso's so they loop under their arms and into the cooling systems.

For the head's i contemplated using geanstealer heads but cut away the large bulbous back of the head and file it down so its smooth. I would also file down the small carapace on the forehead and drill an extra two eye sockets and greenstuff the eyes and also fill in the nostrils with greenstuff.

With any luck it SHOULD resemble somthing like this...

http://blog.brothersoft.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/fps_games_top_five_2008_01.jpg

I will also branch out into other Chimera creatures such as Leapers and also swarms of beetles.

Rules wise i was thinking along the lines of using codex: Tyranids or possibly Codex: Imperial Guard and very unlikely Codex: Chaos Daemons.

What do you think?
I may even make this into an army!

Spladge P

TSINI
09-02-2009, 02:51 PM
this is a FANTASTIC idea!! i really like the imagery you could create, a kind of fringe army special forces team.

i would suggest going for codex: imperial Guard, making them veterans with carapace. then the weapons can be quite varied aswell, giving you 3 special weapons "count as", a heavy weapon "count as", lasguns or shotguns "count as"

in fact i think you have single handedly inspired me to make a specific kill team style force myself.

can you tell me any more about the kill team rules?

purplespladge
09-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Thanks! im just about to have a rummage through my bitz box to see if i can find some geanstealer heads and other tyranid limbs for the other Chimera creatures...

You can find the full killteam rules in the fourth edition rulebook of warhammer 40k. you could probably find a scan of them somwhere... To some it up though, its basically a small skirmish game that consists of a single squad of up to 160pts that gains experiance bonuses the more games you play (only in tournaments)

Keep the input coming!

Spladge P

purplespladge
09-03-2009, 03:03 AM
I have been doing s little modeling as well as thinking up some of my own rules!

basic chimera trooper

WS - BS - S - T - W - I - A - Ld - Sv
3 4 3 4 1 5 1 8 4+

Wargear:
Bullseye
Range - S - Ap - Type
18" 4 5 Assault 1, Twin-linked

Special rules:

Reasons for the statline...
Weapon skill and strength: In game, the basic chimera do not excel at hand to hand combat. in fact they are quit rubbish at it, they do barly any damage when they hit you with an overhead swing of their gun.

Ballistic skill and Initiative: Unlike hand to hand combat. they are STUPIDLY good at shooting, also in the background it mensions that the chimera have heightened senses.

Toughness: In the background, the chimera are extremely resiliant to damage and heal very quickly, its also the same in game.

Wounds: They are basic infantry, what more is there to say?

Leadership: The Chimera NEVER run away.

Armour save: There armour is good. But not that good....

enough of rules! Onto Modelling!

I managed to find a singe Homagaunt head lying around and i saw what i could do with it with only my clippers and hobby blade.
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh251/bossmeksnik/P1010565.jpg

Here is what i came up with (bear in mind this is VERY WIP and i still need to greenstuff)
The holes mark the rough composition of the eyes.

C & C welcome!

Spladge P

Snyderson
09-03-2009, 05:33 AM
I really like the idea of it but must admit that T5 is in my eyes a bit extreme; T4 is already really hard but if you want to go for T5 this should be represented in the point cost. (..which leads to my next question...)
Have you made up your mind for point costs?

Greetz,
Sny

Lindargo
09-03-2009, 07:53 AM
They're T4, have another look.

Lindargo
09-03-2009, 07:57 AM
That looks and sounds awesome. And even though your rules are basically tough, fast Tau; id love to play them.
Maybe you can evolve this into your own Minidex. (idea from me!)
Or use them as an awesome Tau army.
Lindargo,

purplespladge
09-03-2009, 11:04 AM
Sorry about the mix up with stats, they are supposed to be under the right spot but something went wrong somewhere... :p

Also for tournaments i will be using the imperial guard codex. Points cost wise i haven't thought about yet, i'm just focusing on the basic rules and stat line.

buying a box of fire warriors day after tomorrow so i can start work then.

Spladge P

Lindargo
09-04-2009, 05:28 AM
Hey i've found some Genestealers heads that you can buy 'fairly' cheaply in the UK:

http://www.bitsandkits.co.uk/shop/article_TN23/GENESTEALER-STANDARD-HEADS-X4.html?shop_param=cid%3D1%26aid%3DTN23%26

I hope these help,
Lindargo,

purplespladge
09-04-2009, 06:58 AM
Hey thanks Lindargo! although i already have the heads i need :p. they are currently sitting on my desk in a bowl full of flash all in one accompanied by a AoBR warboss.

Getting a box of Tau Fire Warriors tomorrow (guaranteed my Bus-Pass arrives tomorrow :mad:) so there should be some WIP pictures soon!

Spladge P