PDA

View Full Version : Manticore Rocket Launcher

Dominic
05-24-2011, 12:40 AM
Hi,

This question has been bugging me for some time now! Could you talk me through the full process for fire at a target with both Manticores in a squadron. Thanks,

Nabterayl
05-24-2011, 01:14 AM
Sure. There are two possibilities: either you are firing directly or indirectly. If firing directly, each Manticore fires individually, getting D3 large blast markers per shot. Each blast marker (up to 6, if you have a squadron of two Manticores and each rolls a 3 for the number of shots they get) rolls scatter and distance individually.

If firing indirectly, roll the number of shots that each Manticore gets. That is the total number of shots the squadron will get. Then place the first marker of the nearest vehicle and see if it is in range. If it is, roll scatter and distance for that shot (subtracting the BS of the Manticore from the distance scattered as long as the Manticore can see the target). Then, for each subsequent shot the squadron gets (regardless of whether the second vehicle is in range of the original target), roll just the scatter die. If a scatter is rolled, place each subsequent marker in rim-to-rim contact with the original marker in the direction indicated by the scatter die. If a hit is rolled for a subsequent marker, place it anywhere you like in contact with the original marker (even directly on top of the original marker).

That do it for you?

wkz
05-24-2011, 01:25 AM
OR:
- Direct fire: resolve each blast separately. Basically "treated exactly like normal ordnance weapons" (pg 58, Ordnance Barrage weapons)
- Indirect fire: read up the rules for "Multiple Barrage Weapons" (page 32)

Tynskel
05-24-2011, 06:44 AM
OR:
- Direct fire: resolve each blast separately. Basically "treated exactly like normal ordnance weapons" (pg 58, Ordnance Barrage weapons)
- Indirect fire: read up the rules for "Multiple Barrage Weapons" (page 32)

I could be wrong, but I thought the Manticore is indirect fire only.

david5th
05-24-2011, 09:41 AM
I could be wrong, but I thought the Manticore is indirect fire only.

Only the Griffon and Colossus cannot fire directly.

Wineshark
05-24-2011, 01:21 PM
Only issue is this: Manticores don't come in squadrons. They are purchased/fielded individually.

The procedure described is spot on for battery fire for Griffons, Basilisks, Medusas and Colossuses, though.

dannyat2460
05-24-2011, 01:31 PM
Only issue is this: Manticores don't come in squadrons. They are purchased/fielded individually.

The procedure described is spot on for battery fire for Griffons, Basilisks, Medusas and Colossuses, though.

correct they would be far too powerful if you could squadren them its bad enough when theres 3 of them aiming at you never mind 9.

But they use the Barrage rules as described above it just uses a D3 to determine how many blasts it gets and you also have to remember they can only fire there main weapon 4 out of the possible 7 turns