PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt GKs

DarkLink
05-23-2011, 11:59 AM
So, here's the list I've been playing with the last couple weeks against IG and DE mostly.

2000pt
Librarian, 6 Powers, 2 Skulls
Coteaz
10 Terminators, 2 Psycannons, BBanner, Psybolts
2x10 GKSS, 2 Psycannons, Hammer, Rhino
3x5 Acolytes, 2 Melta, Razorback
3 Psyrifle Dreads

My experience against IG and DE, though, have lead me to worry less about lots of bodies (I've taken far fewer casualties in my games than I feared, despite the large numbers of str 8+, Ap2 shooting), so I'm looking to bump up my psycannon density. That lead me to this:

Libriarian, 5 Powers.....185
5 Paladins, 2 Psycannons, wound allocation shennanigans...325
Malleus Inquisitor, Terminator armor, Psycannon, Psychic Communion...110
3 Acolytes, 2 melta, Razorback....92
2x 5 Purifiers, 2 psycannons, Rhino....360
2x10 GKSS, 2 Psycannons, Hammer, Rhino....540
3 Psyrifle Dreads....405

My only real concern is going from 6 scoring units to 2, but we'll have to see if that makes a difference. On the other hand, I have more or less the same number of wounds, the same number of vehicles, and 5 more psycannons.

Bean
05-23-2011, 12:45 PM
In general, I like it. Aesthetically, I don't like the inquisition units, but they're certainly not bad.

What five powers do you generally play on that librarian, though?

DarkLink
05-23-2011, 12:59 PM
Sanctuary, Shrouding, Might of Titan, Quickening, and Warp Quake. I also have the Summoning in the top list, just for fun. I haven't actually used it yet. Warp Quake doesn't get used much either, they're just both useful powers to have when the right situation arises.

Denied
05-23-2011, 01:02 PM
I like the list I just wonder how it would fair against a strong assault army. I would like to see how it fairs against a good Blood Angle or Space Wolves list.

DarkLink
05-23-2011, 03:34 PM
That is one thing to experiment with. The Paladins are a bit weaker offensively due to their lack of attacks, in addition to being slightly more fragile than the equivalent 10 Terminators. Our SW/BA players usually focus more on razorback/long fang spam type lists rather than assault heavy stuff.

GKs, however, tend to do pretty well in general against pure assault armies. They have to come to you, so you just kite them and spray them down with psycannons and storm bolters. They'll get to you eventually, but GKs are good enough in CC that they can counter assault and finish off what survived.

thecactusman17
05-23-2011, 10:29 PM
Darklink, what has been your experience against artillery lists from guard or non Darklance lists from DE (such as Heat Lances, Voidlances, haywire etc.)? Looking at your lists I can see why Darklance spam and S8 AP2+ wouldn't hurt them too bad, but some of the other weapons in the books could cause some issues.

DarkLink
05-24-2011, 11:35 AM
I've only played one game (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=15372) against IG, and I was surprised with the outcome. Basically, I was able to surpress the artillery enough that he had to spend all his anti-tank shooting psyrifle dreads, and the Shrouding saved a ton of my dudes and vehicles. I was unable to actually kill many of his vehicles, though, as my opponent made essentially every single cover save fro turn 2 and onwards. I was still able to pull off a victory by clearing off an objective while my opponent messed up and moved too far away from his while trying to tank shock me.

As for DE, I've only played against the skimmer/darklight based list a couple of times, but I think my opponent is planning on trying out Webway Portals in the future. I'll suggest nightshields, too.