PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Advice

Arien
05-19-2011, 03:21 PM
So, my latest 1500 point list has been put to paper, and I wanted to share it with you all and get comments / criticisms on it.

HQ: Librarian with 4 powers, Psyker lvl 3 and a MC Daemonhammer. (sanctuary, shrouding, might of titan, quicksilver)
HQ: Inquisitor Coteaz

Troops: 10 DCAs, Chimera with Heavy Flamer / Multi-Laser.
Troops: 6 DCAs, Razorback with TL Assault Cannon, Psybolt Ammo. (x2)
Troops: 3 Warrior Acolytes, Razorback with TL Heavy Bolter, Psybolt Ammo. (x2)
Troops: 3 Servitors with Heavy Bolters, Chimera with Heavy Bolter / Multi-Laser

Heavy Support: Dreadnaught with 2x TL Autocannons, Psybolt Ammo (x3)

I know the 50 points for Psyker Mastery 3 isn't usually worth it, but I figured being able to give all three DCA squads I10 for a single turn could come in very handy when they hit the enemy lines (given the psyrifles should've opened a few transports by then).

I figure a I have two 'scoring' squads to move, each will be a chimera flanked by razorbacks, the libby goes with the 10 DCAs, Coteaz in the servitor chimera, Coteaz sits with the warrior acos at the home firebase supporting a lone Psyrifle, the other two psyrifles setup opposite corner. the three DCA squads stick together and move forward utilizing cover and smoke if necessary (with shrouding of course).

Thoughts?

blackarmchair
05-19-2011, 05:03 PM
Well for starters I wouldn't take Psyker Mastery 3 on the libby, as you said you CAN find a use for it but it's really not worth the 50pts.

The biggest hole I see in this army is an overall lack of anti-tank. You have the one dreadnought and a few psybacks but past that I don't see much else that can really threaten tanks. Given the assaulty nature of your army a heavily armoured tank will be hard to handle (it can shoot your DCAs and isn't really threatened by the rest of the army). I would advise some MM servitors and another dread...

DarkLink
05-19-2011, 05:11 PM
Initiative 10 isn't that big a deal when you're already I5. It is the rare game you will actually need to use Quicksilver 3 times in one turn. I'm also very hesitant about your DCAs anyways, because you need to get the charge off with them. If you don't, they'll just get shot up. As Chimera and Rhinos aren't assault vehicles, getting the charge is going to be a problem.

Arien
05-20-2011, 08:09 AM
Just to clarify the (x2) at the end of two troops and the (x3) at the end of the dreads indicates multiples of said unit. So that's six troops and 3 dreads.

Denied
05-20-2011, 10:49 AM
What DarkLink says is always good to listen to, and in response to blackarmchair's comment about a lack of tank popping abilities IMO drop 5 points from somewhere and give your Librarian Warp Rift. It's a template instant Pen to any vehicle you lay it on, this works nice if you have a Librarian in a squad of terminators Deepstrike a Mech heavy army (like IG) and start popping the tanks left and right.

If you use the deepstrike strategy it is also nice to have a couple of servo skulls to assist with the DSing. But your going with a Coteaz Henchgoon squad... soooooo /shrug