Gatling Psylencer
Hvy psycannon

DreadKnight
Hvy Incinerator
Hvy psycannon

DreadKnight
Hvy Incinerator
Hvy psycannon

This army comes in at exactly 2000pts i know its got holes and probably isn't very balanced but it would fun to put on the table let me know what you guy think. I was thinking maybe losing the brother captain for an even cheaper HQ and add some teleport homers to the stormravens any input would be awesome

Arien
05-16-2011, 02:41 PM
Just a heads up, I count 2050, maybe my math is a little off but perhaps you could double check it. Either way it does look like a fun list, but being completely honest it's not 'amazing'.

The DreadKnights are going to be starting in your deployment zone, and their range? our famous 24", which means footslogging it, and for three monstrous creatures on those lovely bases you may find that difficult to achieve (especially with 25% terrain)

Obviously the Stormravens are set up for tank hunting, and I assume deliverying most of your troops into combat? Otherwise you could probably find some cheaper tankhunting elsewhere, and the troops could buy transports.

I have to say I'd probably love playing this list as a fun aspect, as you've got a fast moving element and a slow moving one, a few large blasts and all the units are fairly fun, but against any decent 2k list this will pretty much fall apart. The shooting from the DreadKnights isn't all that reliable and is definitely not synergistic to the unit, one flamer template and one rending large blast that could scatter back onto you if you're shooting both within range. I'd take two of those and stick psyfleman dreads in, and turn the third DK into a combat-orientated one with a personal teleporter.

Not sure if I can offer anything else, would look quite impressive on the table though of course :)

jksigler
05-16-2011, 03:06 PM
I meant to put brother champion instead of captain which would account for the 50pt difference.

I was thinking with the 3DK on the table they could soak up some fire power to protect the StormRavens which would be transporting all of the troops

I was also thinking of dropping the second weapon from each of the DK leaving only the hvy psycannons which would free up 95 points which could be used to upgrade to a grand master possible making the DKs scoring units or scouts depending of the mission.

and yeah this list could easy fall apart but i think it would be a lot of fun i dont think i would ever try it competitively though

Major Shultz
05-16-2011, 03:52 PM
I was also thinking of dropping the second weapon from each of the DK leaving only the hvy psycannons ...

Howdy!
Regular psycannons great...
regular psycannons on a terminator model amazing...
Heavy Psycannon blast on a BS 4 model not so much...for 40 points....
Heavy Incenerator on the other hand.....way cool

PS. BTW remember Dreadknights and Stormravens can Deep Strike.

Bean
05-19-2011, 09:46 AM
I see you've accidentally put some guns on your Dreadknights, there. Better take those off. Swap those storm Raven lascannons out for assault cannons, then scrounge however many points you need to put teleporters on those dreadknights, instead. You know. So that they're worth playing. =P

DarkLink
05-19-2011, 10:14 AM
And figure out something to do with the Brother Captain. A naked BC is worthless. Either upgrade to a GM with Grenades, or a Librarian, or downgrade to one of the cheaper HQs.

Bean
05-19-2011, 11:05 AM
And figure out something to do with the Brother Captain. A naked BC is worthless. Either upgrade to a GM with Grenades, or a Librarian, or downgrade to one of the cheaper HQs.

This.

So, here's a very similar list that incorporates the changes I would suggest:

100 : Brotherhood Champion

220 : GKSS (10) 2x Psycannons
220 : GKSS (10) 2x Psycannons
205 : GKT (5) Psycannon, McHammer, Halberd, Halberd, Halberd, Sword

205 : Storm Raven (Assault Cannons, Multi-Meltas)

205 : Dreadknight, Personal Teleporter

plawolf
05-19-2011, 01:53 PM
GK storm ravens with AssCans need psybolt ammo to be at their best.

I am not all that sure about this list tbh. You do not need to max out on SR and dreadknights, especially not on SRs since you don't have anything really amazing to transport, so you are basically wasting most of their potential. Paying 205pts just for a AssCan and multimelta is not close to being worth it.

Most people take SRs to dump something nasty on their opponent's lap and the guns are only a secondary reason to take them. 10 GKSS or 5 GKT are not going to scare many opponents tbh.

The Brotherhood Champ is also a very underwhelming HQ, and for an army that depends a lot on its HQs, it does very little for your list.

Some suggestions.

If you want a cheap HQ to make the list legal, just take a xenos =I=, slap on a set of power armor and give him some grenades and he will probably be more useful than the Camp for a fraction of the points. The =I= would also give you the option of taking henchmen. Load an SR with DCAs and crusaders and suddenly you have a CC unit that will actually be scary.

Consider dropping a SR (or termie squad) and dreadknight to get the points for the DCA and crusaders and a squad of purifiers for the other raven. If you drop the termies, you can even get a Librarian to go with the second raven, and probably have points spare for a couple of dreads as well.

Bean
05-19-2011, 02:41 PM
+1s on the assault cannon is certainly nice, but definitely not required. Given that it's 20 points, it's one of the first odds-and-ends upgrades you should cut.

Otherwise, I'm inclined to agree that the premise of the list isn't great.