PDA

View Full Version : Mech GKs (Heavy Guns Division) (2000pts)

Arien
05-13-2011, 04:54 AM
Here is a list I've been "working on" for a little while now.

HQ: Inquisitor Coteaz
HQ: Librarian with Sanctuary, Shrouding, Warp Rift, Quicksilver, Might of Titan.

Troops: 8 Psykers, Jokaero, Rhino
Troops: 6 Psykers, Jokaero, Rhino

Fast Attack: Stormraven, TL Multi-Melta, TL Plasma Cannon, Hurricane Bolters.
Fast Attack: Stormraven, TL Multi-Melta, TL Lascannon
Fast Attack: Stormraven, TL Multi-Melta, TL Lascannon

Heavy Support: Landraider Redeemer, Psybolt Ammo, Multi-Melta
Heavy Support: Landraider Redeemer, Psybolt Ammo, Multi-Melta

This is 2k on the nose, and almost all the weapons in the list are ap3 or better, high strength, and at least half of it is pretty reliable (Psykers are awfully unreliable but can do so much if used well, I've played with these quite a lot)

Basically the idea here is target saturation, with two AV14 bunkers geared to huge amounts of infantry destruction I foresee this pulling a lot of fire. The librarian rides with Coteaz in the lead Stormraven, for an alpha-strike 24" move TL Multi-Melta from each of them and a 3+ Cover save in return with shrouding.

The Psykers will either start on the board turn one for kill points, or come in from reserve in most objective based games. I really like its potential firepower, obviously I could also switch out the other lascannons for plas cannons, but I think I may need Lascannons in the future :)

Thoughts?

isotope99
05-13-2011, 05:15 AM
You're paying a lot for the assault transport capabilities of the storm raven and land raiders without making use of them. I'd try and dig out some points for at least a few henchmen to accompany the characters and turn the land raiders into scoring bunkers.

Arien
05-13-2011, 05:43 AM
I could quite easily turn the lrs into scoring bunkers with 24 points, (3 barebones warrior acos in each), then it's just a matter of how much of a henchmen squad to make, it'll mean dropping one of the psyker squads, which I don't mind too much. Lets say I drop one of the 135 squads (6 psykers, jokaero, rhino). What would you put in it's place to ride in the lead Stormraven with Coteaz and Libby? 5 Death Cult Assassins?

DarkLink
05-13-2011, 08:04 AM
Maybe a little more than 5, but yes. DCA are outstanding offensive assault troops.

The problem with this list (aside from the fact that psykers aren't all that great) is you only have a handful of very fragile bodies in a handful of fragile vehicles and not a whole lot of quality anti-tank. Remember, meltas kill Land Raiders as easily as anything else.

Arien
05-14-2011, 12:07 AM
Yeah, I'm aware of how easily Melta will open the LRs, the idea is either to "castle" to a certain extent, or reserve a fair bit if I'm not getting turn 1.

If I know I'm getting turn 1, then the Melta-Aphastrike will happen and the LRs will move up tactically, aiming for any troops expected to be exposed... Of course I could just change the SRs set up to be completely infantry focused (bar the Melta) and then switch the LRs to the TL Las variant... That way they can sit backrow and pop stuff and the SRs can mop up.. or I could even drop one and make a few points spare for two Psyrifle Dreads (Something I've also been considering, though I like the "5 Heavies".)