PDA

View Full Version : You Know Youre A 40k Player When

Lord Castellan
05-12-2011, 10:28 AM
I did this a while back and it was pretty funny, figured I might give it 'annuver go see?

You know you are a 40k player when
1. You frequently shout WAAAAGH!!! out the window of your car (going slightly over the speed limit)...

2. You have a car that is full of holes, and fifty rhinos that aren't.

3. You call people who play WFB deviants.

4. If you call people heretics on a daily basis...

5. If your car is painted to match your chapter markings, and has a las-cannon mounted on top.

5. If you commonly refer to Skaters as Eldar, and you think the Terminator is a 40k-based movie...

6. If you have a c'tan opener in your kitchen.

7. Upon seeing a vicious dog you fail your morale test and run away screaming

8. You paint your car red because you think it'll make it go faster

9. Your best friend is an Arco-flagellant

10. You've named your dogs Ferki and Gerki

11. You call spraying your home for roaches exterminatus.

12. You call breaking out the winter clothing bringing out the terminator armor.

13. Your friends ask to see your "little black book" and you bring out the 40k rulebook.

14. You don't know that the Smurfs really aren't the Ultramarines and Papa Smurf is not Marneus Calgar/Robute Guilliman.

15. Your dog Russ ran away and you don't want him to come back because you fear it will end the world.

16. Someone says, "I'm allergic to spores" and you think, "Who isn't, those things explode!"

17. You can write a complete army list in abbreviations.

18. You make threats to people involving drop pods and certain red-armored marines...

19. To begin to refer to decisions you make in your every day life as "leadership checks, morale tests, and armor saves"

20. When someone refers to an angry nun you hit the deck because you think bolter shells will begin flying

21. You begin to reach for your bolt pistol only to realize that you don’t own a bolt pistol (yet)

22. You get disgusted when you begin talking about the solders in your army and no one understands who you are talking about.

23. When some one yells "cockroach" you ask for a lascannon. When one is not forth coming, you begin declaring "exterminatus" on the general vicinity of the "bug alert" because you realize that it is too late for these poor souls. They were probably infested already anyway.

24. You make cryptic threats about the might of your legions and that you will sick them on any one who pisses you off.

25. When some one asks what kind of car you have and you tell them that you own a baneblade

26. You're playing baseball, and roll dice to see whether you should miss the ball deliberately

27. You walk three meters, then stop, then walk three meters, then stop, etc.

28. You get repeatedly beaten up after calling Bikey Gangs "Speed Freaks"

29. You get arrested because you started praying to Slaanesh on the bus in your own special way

30. You have more armies than friends

31. You carry dice in your pocket 'just in case...'

32. You can only afford to eat beans, but 'look at this cool new model I just bought'

33. You wonder why Alien wasn't sued for copyright infringement

34. Your computer spellchecker automatically corrects 'Orc' to 'Ork'

35. When buying a computer you check for the Machine Cult seal of the Omnissiah, and upon discovering it is not there, rant and rave until they draw on a gear with a skull in the middle.

36. You get your football team to shout waaaaaagh after every huddle.

37. Your self-portrait is in power armor.

38. You accidentally have your army list when grocery shopping.

39. Your credit card is maxed out at $40,000.

40. You actually do fit ten fully equipped marines into your rhinos.

Skragger
05-12-2011, 12:12 PM
I literally choked on my coke when I hit number 11.. brilliant list!

Mystery.Shadow
05-12-2011, 12:14 PM
These two should go together. :)

1. You frequently shout WAAAAGH!!! out the window of your car (going slightly over the speed limit)...
8. You paint your car red because you think it'll make it go faster

Necron2.0
05-12-2011, 12:42 PM
9. Your best friend is an Arco-flagellant

Close. My best friend is Arco-flatulent. :D

I'd add this to the list:

Your clothes are stacked in piles on the ground because your closet is stuffed full with bits.

Drew da Destroya
05-12-2011, 02:20 PM
I did this a while back and it was pretty funny, figured I might give it 'annuver go see?

1. You frequently shout WAAAAGH!!! out the window of your car (going massively over the speed limit)...

2. You have a car that is full of holes, and fifty trukks that are made out of the looted parts from your car.

3. You call people who play outside deviants.

4. If you call people beekees on a daily basis...

5. If your car is painted to match your Klan markings, and has a Big Shoota mounted on top.

5. If you commonly refer to Skaters as Eldar, and you think the Terminator is a 40k-based movie...

6. If you have a c'tan opener in your kitchen.

7. Upon seeing a vicious dog you try to train it as your new attack squig

8. You paint your car red because you KNOW it'll make it go faster

9. Your best friend is a Mad Dok

10. You've named your dogs Gork and Mork

11. You call spraying your home for roaches exterminatus.

12. You call breaking out the winter clothing bringing out the Mega armor.

13. Your friends ask to see your "little black book" and you bring out the 40k rulebook.

14. You don't know that the Smurfs really aren't the Ultramarines and Papa Smurf is not Marneus Calgar/Robute Guilliman.

15. Your dog Russ ran away and you don't want him to come back because you fear it will end the world.

16. Someone says, "I'm allergic to spores" and you think "Ya git, dose iz me boyz!"

17. You can write a complete army list in abbreviations.

18. You make threats to people involving deffrollas...

19. To begin to refer to decisions you make in your every day life as "leadership checks, morale tests, and cover saves"

20. When someone refers to an angry nun you charge foward because you think a good scrap will begin!

21. You begin to reach for your slugga only to realize that you don’t own a slugga (yet)

22. You get disgusted when you begin talking about da boyz in your Waaagh and no one understands what you are talking about.

23. When some one yells "cockroach" you ask for a Power Klaw. When one is not forth coming, you begin krumping people in the general vicinity of the "bug alert" because you realize that it is too late for these skraggin idiots. They were probably weedy anyway.

24. You make cryptic threats about the might of your squiggoths and that you will sick them on any one who pisses you off.

25. When some one asks what kind of car you have and you tell them that you looted a baneblade

26. You're playing baseball, and throw so many baseballs that you can't possibly miss

27. You walk three meters, then stop, then walk three meters, then stop, until you run about 6 meters and punch someone in the face.

28. You get repeatedly beaten up after calling Biker Gangs "Speed Freaks"

29. You get arrested because you started looting the Biker Gangs "Warbikes"

30. You have more leftover slugga arms than friends

31. You carry dice in your pocket 'just in case...'

32. You can only afford to eat beans, but 'look at this cool new model I just bought to turn into a Trukk, some plates on my Battlewagon, and an extra Loota!"

33. You wonder why Alien wasn't sued for copyright infringement

34. Your computer spellchecker automatically corrects 'Orc' to 'Ork', and "Space Marine" to "Beekee".

35. When buying a computer you ask if how many teef it costs.

36. You get your football team to shout waaaaaagh after every huddle.

37. Your self-portrait is painted green

38. You accidentally have your army list when grocery shopping.

39. Your credit card is maxed out at $40,000.

40. You actually do fit twelve fully equipped boyz into your trukks.

Fixed dat fer ya, Boss!

Close. My best friend is Arco-flatulent. :D

I'd add this to the list:

Your clothes are stacked in piles on the ground because your closet is stuffed full with bits.

Wow, how have you seen my closet?

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
05-12-2011, 07:34 PM
41. You get offered to go skydiving, but wonder why they freak out when you don't want a parachute as you brought your Jumpack with you.
42. You go to hospital and when you see a nurse you ask which Order of Hosptillers she belongs too.
43. When you go out for drives in your car, you don't understand why your the only one with spikey bitz/cutting wheels/rams or mounted skulls all over your car.

SotonShades
05-13-2011, 04:51 AM
44. When you own more dice than models or board games by an order of magnitude

45. the floor of your flat is litered with expensive electronics and easilly breakable items because your models and rulebooks have taken up all of the shelf, draw and table top space availible (as well as all the space under the bed in their cases)

Wolf Brother Hellstrom
05-13-2011, 08:11 AM
46. the only time you put your models away is when a date comes over
47. your son/daughter can recite every primarch
48. your son/daughter stuffed monkey is named Jokaero
49. your cigarette lighter is actually a skorcha
50. you microwave dice more than popcorn

great thread #27 is my favorite!!

SotonShades
05-13-2011, 10:11 AM
you put them away when a date comes over? for shame!

Lemt
05-13-2011, 10:41 AM
Best part of playing IG is that you can just say theyre "war miniatures" and nobody will question it, but you get bonus points if the visitors are 40k fans too.

eldargal
05-13-2011, 10:45 AM
51. When your pet bullfrog startles visitors by jumping out from your decolettage you explain it away by saying he is your daemon prince.

52. You have bizarre 40k dreams (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=15205).

53. You wish your father hadn't vetoed your mother when she wanted to call you Lilith.

Emerald Rose Widow
05-13-2011, 04:30 PM
51. When your pet bullfrog startles visitors by jumping out from your decolettage you explain it away by saying he is your daemon prince.

52. You have bizarre 40k dreams (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=15205).

53. You wish your father hadn't vetoed your mother when she wanted to call you Lilith.

lol, what did you get named instead?

And you can always change your name to lilith, that would be epics -giggles- Though changing your name is expensive, but for me was necessary.

eldargal
05-15-2011, 06:11 AM
Drusilla, which I have to admit I do prefer to Lilith.:rolleyes:

Necron2.0
05-15-2011, 10:13 AM
Drusilla? As in ...

http://members.cox.net/necron2.0/img/drusilla5.jpg

Well that explains the Dark Eldar connection. :)

I wanted to name my daughter Anastacia, but my wife vetoed it. I thought it was a great name - when she was "finding herself" as a teen she could call herself either "Ana" or "Stacie" and either would fit. There's also a family connection. A great uncle of mine is named Anastacio. But no.

I also suggested naming her either Butch or Chlamydia to ensure the boys wouldn't come around her until she could legally rename herself, but the wife said no to that too.

Drew da Destroya
05-15-2011, 11:20 AM
I like Anastacia, that would've been a cool name. What'd she end up being named?

Necron2.0
05-15-2011, 11:40 AM
Isabella. Yep. We passed up a unique name, for one that turns out is the most popular girls name in the US, and has been for the past several years.

superhappyrobot
05-15-2011, 03:16 PM
I want to get one of the following bumper stickers, but I can't decide which one:

a. My other car is a Millennium Falcon
b. My other car is an NCC-1701
c. My other car is a Leman Russ
d. This is my other car

Necron2.0
05-15-2011, 03:49 PM
d. This is my other car

Oh, you mean like this:

http://www.wanderinggoblin.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/rhino-after.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PEU_201IfI

I think this qualifies as having gone a few toes over the line.

DarkLink
05-15-2011, 04:41 PM
One of the older guys in our group just had his second kid a yaer or so ago, whom his wife named Kayvaan after finding it in the SM codex.

Talon57x
05-15-2011, 08:16 PM
54: When you are physically unable to work on your car unless you are wearing your red robe.

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
05-16-2011, 01:15 AM
55. When you refuse to go to church as there is no Shrine to the Emporer.
56. When you go to school for show and tell, and you want to show off how to burn a Heretic.

Emerald Rose Widow
05-16-2011, 02:06 AM
Drusilla, which I have to admit I do prefer to Lilith.:rolleyes:

Oooooo, very unique, a lot more unique than my name Rachel, but hey, I picked it and it does feel right for me -giggles- but what can I say.

57) Whenever you are hungry you cannot help but say "NOM NOM NOM"
58) You one day want to own a Hormagaunt plushie to add to your stuffed animals.

Farseer Uthiliesh
05-16-2011, 03:04 AM

Actually, that's true for me.

Drew da Destroya
05-16-2011, 07:50 AM
Isabella. Yep. We passed up a unique name, for one that turns out is the most popular girls name in the US, and has been for the past several years.

Ahh, at least it's still a cute name, even if she's a ***** in Dragon Age 2.