PDA

View Full Version : 2.5k stormraven list

ivangterrace
05-11-2011, 09:39 PM
First off, the list

2500 Pts - Grey Knights Roster

HQ: Grey Knight Grand Master (1#, 180 pts)
1 Grey Knight Grand Master, 180 pts (Nemesis Force Halberd)

Elite: Purifier Squad (10#, 280 pts)
1 Purifier Squad, 280 pts
1 Knight of the Flame
3 Purifier (Psycannon)
4 Purifier
2 Purifier (Nemesis Daemonhammer)

Elite: Venerable Dreadnought (1#, 190 pts)
1 Venerable Dreadnought, 190 pts (Psyflame Ammunition; Multi-melta; Nemesis Doomfist with Heavy Flamer)

Elite: Venerable Dreadnought (1#, 190 pts)
1 Venerable Dreadnought, 190 pts (Psyflame Ammunition; Multi-melta; Nemesis Doomfist with Heavy Flamer)

Fast Attack: Stormraven Gunship (1#, 235 pts)
1 Stormraven Gunship, 235 pts (4x Mindstrike Missiles; Twin-Linked Assault Cannon; Twin-Linked Multi-melta; Hurricane Bolters (each side)

Fast Attack: Stormraven Gunship (1#, 235 pts)
1 Stormraven Gunship, 235 pts (4x Mindstrike Missiles; Twin-Linked Assault Cannon; Twin-Linked Multi-melta; Hurricane Bolters (each side)

Fast Attack: Grey Knight Interceptor Squad (10#, 280 pts)
1 Grey Knight Interceptor Squad, 280 pts
1 Justicar
2 Grey Knights (Psycannon)
7 Grey Knights

Troops: Grey Knight Strike Squad (5#, 110 pts)
1 Grey Knight Strike Squad, 110 pts
1 Justicar
1 Grey Knight (Psycannon)
3 Grey Knights

1 Justicar
3 Grey Knights

1 Grey Knight Strike Squad, 110 pts ((C:GK, pg. 28); Unit Type: Infantry; And They Shall Know No Fear; Brotherhood of Psykers; Combat Squads; Deep Strike; Preferred Enemy (Daemons); The Aegis; Hammerhand; Warp Quake)
1 Justicar
3 Grey Knights

1 Justicar
3 Grey Knights

Heavy Support: Nemesis Dreadknight (1#, 235 pts)
1 Nemesis Dreadknight, 235 pts (Personal Teleporter; Nemesis Doomfist; Nemesis Doomfist; Heavy Incinerator)

Heavy Support: Nemesis Dreadknight (1#, 235 pts)
1 Nemesis Dreadknight, 235 pts (Personal Teleporter; Nemesis Doomfist; Nemesis Doomfist; Heavy Incinerator)

Everything has a 24 inch maximum range but will the fact that I can get nearly everyone across the table turn 1 be enough to counter-act the lack of range variety?

For anti-tank I have the stormravens and dreadnoughts for my melta needs. They are both pretty damn annoying meltas if I do say so myself, they have a good chance to hit and both are harder to kill than your average AV12 vehicle.

For anti-infantry, damn near everything can handle those not in transports, whether it's shooting or close combat.

My biggest issue is that my purifier combat squads will have to stay out in the open then embark onto the stormravens but if one dies, I can always embark a nearby strike squad, so I am not totally screwed on that department.

The grand master is nice because I can get myself some scoring units or scout the dreadknights forward.

How do you think this list would do? The least flexible thing by itself is the grand master, but I figure his powers make up for the lack of AT on him.

If I do shove an inquisitor in, I could squeeze another strike squad in, but I'm unsure if shoving henchmen in the fifth troops slot would be worth it or if shoving in a strike squad in that 5th troops squad would be worth it.

I'll say it again, this list looks like it can get up in one's face pretty fast and knock a few teeth out. Reality check please?

DarkLink
05-12-2011, 12:10 AM
Oh, God, army builder format...

Ok, first off you can start your Purifiers inside the Storm Raven. You don't need to deploy separately then embark turn 1, and you can combine them in reserves, and you can put one of the GMs in with them, etc. One problem solved.

Secondly, you have 2 Storm Ravens, 2 Ven Dreads and 1 unit of Purifiers. Since you're planning on boosting across the board and dumping stuff in your opponent's face, I would combine two of the GKSS squads into one unit and put it in the other Storm Raven with your second GM. You can always combat squad, too.

Last point is that most of your army works together pretty well (2 Storm Ravens full of dudes, plus Interceptors and Dreadknights jumping in your opponent's face as quickly as possible), except the random third 5-man GKSS unit. You need it for your second troops choice if you combine the two other GKSS units, but it's kind of an awkward, random unit. 5 guys is pretty fragile on their own. I think the default solution here is to deepstrike them. They're protected while in reserves, and you can put them pretty much where you want them.

Denied
05-12-2011, 12:28 PM
It's a nice list for the idea of getting into peoples face and bringing the hurt with it, but if you end up going against a strong CC army your in trouble the Dreadknights are cool and multiple wounds = survivability, but it wont matter if they hit it with force weapons and instant kill it.

The thing is Grey Knights are not a dedicated CC army they are a semi dancing 24" sweet spot psycannon up the A-hole army and imo play to that advantage.

You take this list against Blood Angles or Wolves and its good night for your guys.

Trust me Wolves Grey Hunters out CC GKSS or Purifiers and lord help you if they have T-wolves good bye Dreaknights.