PDA

View Full Version : Looking for ideas; Mephiston conversion

05-11-2011, 08:37 PM
Hey guys!

So I don't think I'm in the minority to say that I find the current Mephiston model to be bland and boring. I'm looking to spice it up a bit, but not make too far of a departure.

Currently, I don't think my plan is too original, but it would certainly be noticeable. I'm considering using Sigvald the Magnificent: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1550008 , but the shield hand presents a problem. I was at first concerned about the scale, as he is a really thin model, but his height is impressive and he has the characteristic hair of Mephiston and falls well into the idea of beauty being an important part of the Blood Angels concept. This, however, doesn't help with modeling a plasma pistol.

The sword is fine as a power weapon, I think. I'm considering using a scout arm with bolt pistol and clipping that to attach a plasma pistol instead. I think the scale would be a bit better, but still might seem a bit off.

Any thoughts? :D

Lady Fenris
05-11-2011, 08:46 PM
The scout arm thing could work! This is quite a cool idea! Another thing you could do i perhaps paint up the shield to look like it is psychic energy because if I remember, he can use Shield of Sanguinius as a power? I have a sigvald at home and I can take a comparison of size shot for between scout plasma and his sword hand so you can see I better than the shield hand. :)

05-11-2011, 09:04 PM
If he had shield or even an invulnerable save, I think a straight modeling job would be sufficient, but sadly he has neither. =/ Just preferred enemy, str10, and jump pack as psychic powers.

I'm furiously searching through my bits for a left scout bolt pistol arm. Should be easy, right? :P

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
05-11-2011, 09:14 PM
Good luck on finding that Scout arm!

On the note of the actual plasma pistol, the space wolf pack box has a plastic Wolf Scout arm with an ornate plasma pistol (http://www.thewarstore.com/product50303.html) (unfortunately, it's a right arm.) However, the small, ornate plasma pistol itself may be of interest to you. That bit is rarely used (Wolf Scouts are somewhat uncommon, and Plasma Pistols even more so), so if you know anyone playing Wolves, they'll probably be willing to part with that bit.

05-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Heh, I dabble in most marine armies. I'm one of those players. I found an arm, but the scale is a bit wonky. =/ I suppose I could simply use the sigvald head, but I don't feel comfortable in my own skills to remove it without doing some irreparable damage.

Maybe I just need to shave down the arm sufficiently, but maintain the detail. After so many years in this hobby, I can't believe I'm only recently trying out even basic conversions.

05-11-2011, 09:36 PM
Hmm... saw a pic of a Sanguinius conversion using Sigvald on the GW site that used a Sisters bolt pistol. It's kind of funny to use something so... ahem... girly on Mephiston, but if it works, awesome. :)

sebi81
05-12-2011, 08:16 AM
for my chaos sorcerer conversion basing on sigvald I used a left arm of a sororitas principalis. The hands of a scout would look too big. The sisters HQ model comes with more forearms than required, so there are left arms with pistols left. You could try to order the little metal sprue with the two left arms somewhere in the net.