PDA

View Full Version : Lady Fenris Says Hello!

Lady Fenris
05-11-2011, 08:30 PM
Hello there, my name is Lady Fenris (3 guesses as to what my main army is).

I'm a 24 year old Warhammer 40k player from California's beautiful Central Coast. I've been in the hobby for about 3 years now and currently have 4 armies, though only one is current playable at the moment. :)

I started off with Tyranids. My RPG group noticed I loved playing figs and was fascinated with the little plastic mention they had sitting about and so they got me the rulebook and 'Nid Codex. After all with plastic crack, the first one is free. I have been hooked ever since. I was not a big fan of the newest codex for the Tyranids, and due to a combination of their embaressingly bad paint jobs and my dislike of the new codex, for the most part my guys are enjoying a vacation in a box under my bed.

I next obtained Tau, loving their shootyness, and their appearance. These guys are still in the process of being built up. They took some losses, mainly my broadsides, from my cat as well. (I name her Shassy after Commander O'Shassera and look what happens)

I started my current main army, the Space Wolves because I read the Space Wolves novels. I really love these guys. I have a weakness for "flawed" chapters. Blood Angels, Wolfies, ect. I have so much fun playing these guys!

Obviously my main army are my Space Wolves. I love their fluff, I love their appearance and I love converting up
Thunderwolves because riding a giant slavering wolf is just bada**. :) that and they don't take any crud from the
Imperium.

I have also started Dark Eldar, in all honesty because I have a great weakness for pretty female figures. I want them to be my pretty army so I'm slowly painting them up, taking lots of care to make them look nice.

I love the look of the Grey Knights, but my boyfriend started them and we are both such warcrack heads. (heh, though I've been onthe other side. My ex absolutely HATED my Wargaming hobby and thought It was a waste of time and money.

I have not yet tried any other forms of Wargaming yet, but Malifaux and Hordes both look pretty tempting. :)

As for my non-hobby interests I am an unrepentant Geology nerd. Im hoping to go into seismology specializing in Subduction Zone Seismology. I still want to make a Fenris-themed board with a massive basalt flow going everywhere!

Anyways, that's my story.

I started out with

eldargal
05-11-2011, 11:43 PM
Fantastic, another female gamer.:) Welcome!

Emerald Rose Widow
05-12-2011, 01:44 AM
Fantastic, another female gamer.:) Welcome!

I agree with eldargal on this one, another one to add to our numbers -high fives you both- welcome hon. I am a nid player myself, and love the models and mine are turning out great.

david5th
05-12-2011, 09:16 AM
Hello and welcome Lady Fenris.

Lady Fenris
05-12-2011, 04:47 PM
Thank you for the nice welcome. Yay for the rare creatures that are us the female wargamers. :3

Wolfshade
05-20-2011, 05:17 PM
Hello and welcome, what size armies do you have?