PDA

View Full Version : Fun Grey Knight list?

Corvus-Master-of-The-4th
05-10-2011, 05:46 AM
I have just been inspired to create a Grey Knights Army list, by the CGI in The Inquisitor Lord (short movie/animation/thing), and at my gaming club we only have enough time to play 1500 point games (atm), so I fancied making a fun Grey Knight list with hopefully nothing two overpowered, just enjoyable (the sort of list that will either go really well, or really badly :L) and within the 1500 point limit. So here it is:

HQ
Grey Knight Grand Master: 185 points
- Nemesis force halberd
- Master-crafted (on Nemesis force halberd)

TROOPS
Grey Knight Terminator Squad (10): 455 points
- 4 Nemesis force halberds
- 4 Nemesis force swords
- 2 Daemon hammers
- Justicar+ Master-crafted (on Daemon Hammer)
- 2 Psycannons

Grey Knight Terminator Squad (10): 455 points
- 4 Nemesis force halberds
- 4 Nemesis force swords
- 2 Daemon hammers
- Justicar+ Master-crafted (on Nemesis force sword)
- 2 Psycannons

HEAVY SUPPORT
Grey Knight Dreadnought: 135 points
- 2 Twin-linked Autocannons
- Psybolt ammunition

- Psybolt ammunition

- Psybolt ammunition

What does everyone think of this attempt at a fun Grey Knight list?

Unzuul the Lascivious
05-10-2011, 06:54 AM
It's a fairly solid list - what is the fun element?

Corvus-Master-of-The-4th
05-10-2011, 07:15 AM
It's a fairly solid list - what is the fun element?

Oh :L... I thought it would be abit hit and miss, as I didn't select any of the horrible units (discluding the Dreads, but they could get easily killed), and I just feel the simplicity of it all will be quite refreshing. The miss factor being, against Guard or Dark Eldar (or other armies with low AP weapons) it would die easily :L. If it turns out to not be as fun as i hoped then i'll change it

DarkLink
05-10-2011, 07:47 AM
What is it with people who think that as soon as you start playing with a 'good' or 'competitive' list you stop having 'fun'?

Corvus-Master-of-The-4th
05-10-2011, 08:56 AM
What is it with people who think that as soon as you start playing with a 'good' or 'competitive' list you stop having 'fun'?

It's not really that for me, I play against people who are younger than me alot of the time, and so it's better to not have a "hardcore" list... As I don't like to show people up (thats if I'm actually any good :L), but I also wanted the list to be good against the older memebers of the club... But no I was not trying to follow that trend DarkLink

DarkLink
05-10-2011, 10:24 AM
Against kids I'd just do crazy risky stuff like trying to deepstrike the Terminators behind his vehicles or similar.

Corvus-Master-of-The-4th
05-10-2011, 10:31 AM
Against kids I'd just do crazy risky stuff like trying to deepstrike the Terminators behind his vehicles or similar.

Fair enough, sounds good :). What would you suggest if I was to up the army to 2000 points? Keeping to just Knights :L

Unzuul the Lascivious
05-11-2011, 05:30 AM
Yeah, I see what you mean! Vs Deldar and especially Guard that'd be a bit harder to play with so would be fun! I think you'd enjoy either some Purifiers or maybe some Interceptors in that list. My favourite tactic at present is to advance a Razorback with Purgators behind it, firing either Psycannons or Psilencers using Astral Aim - that's great fun!

Gir
05-11-2011, 06:18 AM
If you want fun, try and crame 3 decked out stormravens into 1500pts :P

DarkLink
05-11-2011, 10:21 AM
What would you suggest if I was to up the army to 2000 points? Keeping to just Knights :L

Run with the theme and get another 10 Terminators. Taking power armor guys would just give your opponent's anti-infantry stuff an easier target to shoot at, and popping 1-2 Rhinos is easy. 30 Terminators can ignore most anti-infantry shooting, and your opponent has a tough time choosing what to shoot with his anti-tank.

If you were willing to move away from GKs, then I'd get Coteaz and 4 Razorbacks filled with melta acolytes.

Major Shultz
05-12-2011, 07:26 AM
Howdy!
I agree with DL.
For 2,00 points just add another Termie squad and give the GM some rad/psch grenades, and some servo skulls and you are done.
I think alot of people under estimate a 10 man GK termie squad.