PDA

View Full Version : Nemeses Dreadknight

cbomb13
05-05-2011, 10:29 AM
Hi Folks,
Cbomb here with a picture of my converted Nemeses Dreadknight from Warhammer 40,000 Codex: Grey Knights. I moved the right leg a bit, and added a scenic base to give an otherwise pretty static mini a bit of movement. I was happy with the results, what do you think?

Anyway, if you like him he could be yours! I'm giving it away. This is part of a fully painted 1500 point Grey Knight army that we're raffling off to benefit the Shriners Hospitals for Children. Details on how to buy tickets HERE. (http://www.battlefortheshrine.webs.com)
We also have dice, T-shirts, and two giant battles to fight in so come check us out and help a great cause!

Thanks for looking.

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/124/d/7/nemeses_dreadknight_by_cbomb13-d3flvot.jpg

fuzzbuket
05-05-2011, 12:00 PM
very well done i love the base! above TT quality AT LEASt!

Kawauso
05-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Really, really nice.
The base looks great, and the pose is awesome. The footing of the model goes a long way toward making the pose look more dynamic. I like that you made sure the pose of the 'pilot' matches that of the suit too...I've seen plenty of people ignore this when modeling this guy.

I'm not much of a fan of the NMM technique used on the sword...but that's my personal opinion on that particular style. You executed it quite well. :)

The only real critique I can offer is that I think it would look even better with some 'uplighting' from the lava underneath the model.

DrWobbles
05-05-2011, 03:13 PM
Wow!

Lucian Kain
05-06-2011, 12:42 AM
Thats awesome,just awesome...yes please

cbomb13
05-06-2011, 07:33 AM
Thanks Guys! I was happy with it. Working on the Interceptor Squad next!

@Kawauso, thanks for the thoughtful critique. I thought about doing some OSL effects, but I have a lot of minis left to paint for this army (including a Stormraven) and only about a month to do it in, lol.

Rafe_131
05-07-2011, 07:53 AM
I'm a son, nephew, and cousin of fellow shriners (and on the way myself), so I applaud you for what you're doing. What a great way to raise money! (Sure beats a food stand at the local fair) And fantastic painting, by the way.