PDA

View Full Version : Would you ever run Eldrard + Yriel?

eagleboy7259
05-04-2011, 11:28 PM
I know that a lot of Footdar lists these days are running Elrard + the Avatar, but would you ever run Eldrard + Yriel leading either a Seer Council, Harliquins, or Banshees?

Ideally it's a powerful hammer unit that can mess up whole armies if put together right. Wrongly its a huge points sink that ties up both your HQ slots essentiall dooming your lists. Has anyone had success with it or tried it out and can advise me in how to play it or why not to?

fuzzbuket
05-05-2011, 06:45 AM
i know a common yriel tactic is to run him with 20 storm guardians (with warlock) however putting elrad in would make that a BIG point sink. that would die with a quick bit of fun form a basalisk

Tynskel
05-05-2011, 08:00 AM
I wouldn't put him in the same squad, but yriel + eldrad's powers is not a bad combo.

murrburger
05-07-2011, 08:32 AM
I've tried to run footdar with both Yriel and Eldrad (not in the same squad), and I found that you really need the Avatar's fearless aura.

I can't think of any units that are durable enough to be used as a 'hammer'. The Seer Council can not be played like it was in 4th and even (lol) 3rd edition. There are too many things that shut down psychic powers/baffle invulernable saves/do a hell of a lot of wounds.

Yriel is actually not that powerful, and will probably die immediately to any str 6 above weapons. He's not really a good close combat character, despite his weapon.

Not to mention, I don't think Eldrad gets the extra attack in 5th edition.

Bean
05-08-2011, 12:55 PM
No. The Avatar adds something to a Footdar list that makes him worth bringing over a second farseer (if you're intent on spending that many points on HQs at all). Yriel doesn't. If you're going to spend those points on a second HQ, another Farseer is pretty much always better, in every type of Eldar army.

DarkLink
05-08-2011, 05:50 PM
Footdar is pretty much build around the Eldrad/Avatar combo, so there's not much room left for Yriel.

Timbo
05-11-2011, 01:30 PM
Eldrad kinda suffers in a foot list because I don't think he can fleet.