PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for 'non-chapter' power armour?

Sonikgav
05-03-2011, 01:46 PM
Im just trying to get some ideas really. Im building my Grey Knights and i decided to custom build my Inquisitor since there wasnt anything that really fit that i liked in the model range.

Unfortunately he looks very much like any other Space Marine albeit with some fancier toys. What im wanting is to come up with a decent scheme to paint him so he looks like an Inquisitor and not just a random chapter marine included in the army.

If it helps he is a Xenos inquisitor so i was considering a Deathwatch scheme but im guessing an inquisitor with power armour would probably have his own custom suit.

isotope99
05-03-2011, 02:05 PM
Metallic red (red mixed with gold), Black, with gloss varnish to make it shiny, gold trim.

That would be my suggestion. Feels inquisitorial and will really stand out from silver grey knights.

Lord Korven
05-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Metallic red sounds cool but the whole army is metallic. I do like the shiny gloss black idea though. Purple would be my choice. You don't see too much purple on the battlefields of the 41st millennium. Post a pic of the model so we can see his fancy toys.

Sonikgav
05-03-2011, 05:34 PM
Metallic red sounds cool but the whole army is metallic. I do like the shiny gloss black idea though. Purple would be my choice. You don't see too much purple on the battlefields of the 41st millennium. Post a pic of the model so we can see his fancy toys.

Lol its just a pair of Basic Marine legs and Backpack with a Grey Knight Torso (looks better than the big Aquilla etc), a GK Force Sword and Stormbolter arm but the Stormbolter is converted with a Tau Fusiongun (he's Xenos) to represent any Combi-weapon/Conversion beamer i decide it to be. All capped off with a hooded head from the Dark Angels command sprue (the Hood will be White to tie in the Purifier theme of the army).

Lord Korven
05-03-2011, 05:56 PM
Sounds cool! Has a wide variety of bitz too.

fade_74
05-03-2011, 07:31 PM
I think that an inquisitor would look really cool in bluish black, with a glossy armor. Kind of the Darth Vader look. Put on a bunch of homemade purity scrolls (long ones). Then use those for spot colors (different color writing, freehand illuminations, etc).

fuzzbuket
05-04-2011, 01:01 AM
0_0 a radical inquisitor!! id paint the armour to look like it is of alien origin so either eladry bone, tauish or weird designs or skin ! ahh ye good old radicals we miss you

TheBitzBarn
05-04-2011, 09:32 AM
0_0 a radical inquisitor!! id paint the armour to look like it is of alien origin so either eladry bone, tauish or weird designs or skin ! ahh ye good old radicals we miss you

The Radicals Never went anywhere.

fuzzbuket
05-04-2011, 10:00 AM
@ bitzbarn they now arnt labeld radical OR putrian, so it depends whether you think GK will serve with radicals (in last ed they didnt)

Sonikgav
05-04-2011, 11:16 AM
Well if i label him a Radical then he will at least be a Xenos Radical (ie making use of Alien Tech). The Codex is littered with hints that Grey Knight tech might not nessecarily be exclusively human tech so i think id get away with it.

Id never go down the route of Daemonhosts etc on the battlefield with Grey Knights though. Similar to people trying to justify Psykers on the field in a Sisters army.

Kawauso
05-04-2011, 12:10 PM
@ bitzbarn they now arnt labeld radical OR putrian, so it depends whether you think GK will serve with radicals (in last ed they didnt)

Well seeing as the GK will serve with Valeria and she has a veritable toolbox of alien wargear...

Anyway as for the topic of this thread...
I really don't think you can go wrong as long as the Inquisitor is coloured differently from the Grey Knights. One colour to tie him in somewhere (the hood, like you were suggesting) is a good idea, but other than that, go nuts. :) White goes with anything, any way.

Grailkeeper
05-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Shave off all the astartes sybols and flatten it a bit so it's less curved maybe filing or greenstuff. Ifits more angular it'll still be immediately obivious that its power amrour whilst looking unique and non space marine

morninson
05-04-2011, 03:47 PM
gloss black armour is def the way to go, I did it with my Coteaz and he stands out really well, mixed some blue with the black to give it an oily sheen. then you're usual deep reds, golds and whites (typical inquisitor stuff)... that's what I reckon...