PDA

View Full Version : 1750 black templars with grey knights?

hammer
05-02-2011, 04:14 PM
I'm starting a new black templars list since gw has finally updated the ruels for them. I just have an urge to throw a termie squad into agrey knight storm ravens and send it screaming and anything outside of a transport just to see how much the boys in black can kill. I just don't know if this is allowed and how i will have to change my army list since i have not been able to grab a copy of the gk codex yet. If any of you guys could help me out that would be great.

somerandomdude
05-02-2011, 04:30 PM
Right now, the only SM armies that can use the Storm Raven are the Blood Angels and the Grey Knights. There might be rumors floating out there that other armies will have access to it with some sort of rules update this summer, but nothing has been officially announced. I'm not even sure if BTs would use something like that.

However, if you and your friends/fellow players agree to it beforehand, you can go right ahead. Just don't expect it to work against a stranger or for a tournament.

DarkLink
05-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Right, it's not legal but a lot of people would probably be cool with it. It's not like Storm Ravens are horribly broken, anyways.

fuzzbuket
05-03-2011, 02:54 AM
sadly you cannot use the grey knight allies ruels anymore so buying a GK raven and allieng it would not work :(

Gw still hasnt cleared up that if you hava a older WH dex and use that as a go between ??? hur hur hur

faolan
05-03-2011, 08:44 AM
Well if you fielded them as two forces (ie 1 HQ each, 2 Troop choices, etc) you could do it. There is, and has been for ages, a section about multiple detachment games.

gcsmith
05-03-2011, 10:25 AM
Multiple detachments can only be taken once the successive attachments are full.

hammer
05-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Thanks guys but i was wanting to do thisin tournament play but sadly the allies rule was left out of the codex. That would explain why the base knights are only like 4 more points a model then my templars.