PDA

View Full Version : Units that do not take up slots

Schlitzaf
05-01-2011, 05:13 PM
First I would like to ask everyone to pardon my poor spelling/grammer

I was looking over at the army list a few minutes ago and saw the IG list with the tech priest as its HQ. That made sit down and wonder, if units don't take up slots do they count as the minimium for requirements?

I know atleast one, The Emperor's Champion, but that might just be the exception that proves the rule

But on the otherhand in Codex: Chaos Space Marines, summoned units state that they do not count for min as they are in HQ or Troop slots.

I'm sure there are others unit like this (IG Engineers, and Priests (WH and IG) come to mind. As well as what Henchman might be ruled by GW when FAQ comes out. (I'm in the camp that thinks troop henchman took up a slot btw)

What do you all think, that Emperor's Champion is the exception that proves the rule or tells us units do not take up slots can still be the min as long as its not said they do not i.e summoned deamons from C:CSM

DarkLink
05-01-2011, 05:24 PM
This is an issue with GK henchmen squads and Coteaz, as well.

To summarize the result of that debate, units that do not take up FOC slots still fulfill the minimum requirements unless the codex specifically states that they do not (as is the case with Summoned Lesser Daemons).

Schlitzaf
05-01-2011, 05:29 PM
would you say IG Priests and Enginseers take up the minimum as well? as they do not mention that don't count for the min

bfmusashi
05-01-2011, 07:19 PM
I vote nay. They're HQ's only in name and exist outside the FOC. You should still take them though, they're super fun.

Schlitzaf
05-01-2011, 07:21 PM
aye, still it makes me wonder tbh.

Lerra
05-01-2011, 07:22 PM
I don't see why they wouldn't count as your minimum 1 HQ. They don't take up a slot, but that doesn't mean they don't count as an HQ choice.

Tynskel
05-01-2011, 07:22 PM
I vote yes: The only mentioned unit that is outside the FOC and does not count towards the minimums that I am aware of is the Lesser Daemons in the Chaos Marines Codex.

Schlitzaf
05-01-2011, 07:27 PM
Don't forget Greater Deamons, but I get your point.

Anyone else who would say nay to such things like Enginseers and Priests taking the min?

Paul
05-01-2011, 07:47 PM
I would say that they're not INTENDED to, but using precedent they do.

We have precedent for the Emperor's Champion.

"Does not take up a Force Organization Slot" yet the FAQ says he can be used as the required HQ.

In contrast, the only ones we know of which cannot are the Lesser and Greater Daemons, but unlike the Emperor's Champion (and the Techpriest) they SPECIFICALLY STATE that they do not count.