PDA

View Full Version : Khador plastics?

bocaj
05-01-2011, 01:37 PM
I'm about to take the leap into warmachine and I've chosen khador as my army, my question is what plastics are available to khador other then the battle box?

FastEd
05-01-2011, 04:32 PM
The heavy warjack kit is all plastic, and will make the Decimator, Juggernaut, Destroyer, and Marauder. There are metal upgrade kits which lets you build the character 'jacks Torch and Black Ivan by using a few metal components. I don't remember if any of their infantry have been carried over, but the Man-o-War Bombardiers are likely to be plastic when they come out, as most of the multiple-wound infantry has been going that direction. Privateer is also re-releasing a decent amount their older infantry with newer sculpts (to update some of the older parts of the line) some of which are plastic, so I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a small-based unit or two in plastic for Khador.

bocaj
05-01-2011, 04:49 PM
Thanks, I've looked on wayland but it seems to only sell each jack individually in metal. Does anyone know if the infantry is at all plastic as i really don't like painting and especially building metal models.

EDIT - I just found the heavy warjack kit for only £5 more :) so I can possibly magnetize (any tips?)

faolan
05-01-2011, 11:37 PM
Infantry is all metal, sadly.

FastEd
05-02-2011, 02:42 AM
Infantry is all metal, sadly.

For now... *cue ominous music*

As far as magnetizing the warjack kit, it's totally doable. Just get the right size magnet, a pin vice, and make sure the magnets line up correctly on every arm before you glue them in. There are probably a few tutorials out there, especially on DakkaDakka (http://www.dakkadakka.com/) or the official Privateer Press forums (http://privateerpressforums.com/). Even without a tutorial, if you sit down and think about it you will probably be able to figure it out. Just lay the pieces out in front of you in roughly the location they go together and that way you will see where things meet up to be joined with magnets.

bocaj
05-02-2011, 05:45 AM
Thanks guys, shame about the infantry :(, but I've checked on google and seen it is possible :).