PDA

View Full Version : Ravenwing squad numbers

helvexis
05-01-2011, 06:50 AM
So I'm Doing my ravenwing and building them up to a company but there's no mention as to what the split is between attack and support squadrons ... Not in this codex at least ... Does anyone know of any fluff or just an opinion on the likely split would be great :-)

I think it would go 6-4 or 7-3 attack to support but that's just cause it makes sense in the way the company would work

ToBeWilly
05-14-2011, 12:29 PM
We are never given any information on the size or composition (besides bike, attack bike or land speeder)of the Ravenwing. That leds me to belive, the Ravenwing is probably much bigger then it is supposed to be. Given the fact that they are always searching for the Fallen across the whole galaxy, they could conceivably be a few hundred strong. Their's hardly any in battle acounts of the Ravenwing in action. Outside of what the Dark Angels tell us. The Dark Angels have a long history of playing by there own rules, this could quite possible be their third, or is it fourth, biggest secret.

I don't think there is a wrong answer here, make what ever you want.

Cavalier
05-15-2011, 06:43 PM
Whatever you want. The "attack" and "support" squad distinctions are purely a 4th ed codex thing. In the 2nd edition "Angels of Death" codex, the Ravenwing didn't have that type of squad breakdown. It was organized in groups of 5.

Also note that back then, the 6th company could all take bikes, the 7th company could all take landspeeders, and the 8th could take jump packs, bikes, or landspeeders.