PDA

View Full Version : Regroup clarification +

Count Fenring
04-30-2011, 10:32 PM
Hello,

Okay, I lose an assault, with my modified LD, I fall back, then next turn I go to test to regroup...is this regroup test taken using the modified LD from the lost assault?

I have been told by my gaming buddy to do this, yet we have both not played much in years.

Secondly, it says there is no regrouping if a unit is below half strength. Does it make any sense to keep falling back in that case?

Why not just remove them from the game and count as dead if they can't regroup? I might be reading this all wrong, I hope so at any rate:D

Thanks in advance

Tynskel
04-30-2011, 10:46 PM
they can still shoot on the move, which is why they are still on the board.

Morgan Darkstar
04-30-2011, 10:58 PM
Okay, I lose an assault, with my modified LD, I fall back, then next turn I go to test to regroup...is this regroup test taken using the modified LD from the lost assault?

No you use your unmodified LD

Archon Charybdis
05-01-2011, 09:47 AM
It's also possible there could be special rules that come in to play that allows the unit to regroup even when below 50%, like somehow becoming Fearless.

Count Fenring
05-01-2011, 10:07 AM
Thanks, good point on the falling back.

I will lose less units running off the board for every little scuffle now :D

Denzark
05-01-2011, 03:38 PM
Also, if they start running from his baseline, they may not leave the table by the end of the game so may not count as destroyed - may evenlckily contest an objective (not sure as don't have rules in front of me.)

Gir
05-01-2011, 07:54 PM
Also, if they start running from his baseline, they may not leave the table by the end of the game so may not count as destroyed - may evenlckily contest an objective (not sure as don't have rules in front of me.)

Aren't falling back unit considered destroyed at the end of the game? Or is that just a Victory Point thing?

SeattleDV8
05-01-2011, 10:07 PM
BRB pg. 90
"...as soon as the game ends and before working out victory conditions, all units falling back are removed and count as destroyed."