PDA

View Full Version : Chaos DreadClaw?

Schnitzel
09-02-2009, 06:29 AM
The dreadclaw is a bit pricey at 70pts per pod, and doesn't really play the same as the C:SM drop pods, nor does it have the weapons of one either. However, being able to drop a unit of Thousand Sons or something of the sort behind enemy lines is pretty nice.

My question comes from the fluff of the DreadClaw. They supposedly drop their unit and take back off again, however I can't find anything in the rules that points to this. Do the pods touchdown and become an immobilized vehicle (and a free KP) or can they take back off again?

My solution thus far has been house rules when I play with my friends. We cut the points down to 35 to make it equal to the C:SM drop pod, however instead of having weapons we give it the ability to take off after the drop.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
09-02-2009, 07:06 AM
The ability to take back off again isn't really emphasized enough in its rules. It has its own "Drop Pod Landing" rules, which work more similarly to aircraft landings than the Space Marine drop pod. Anyways, it doesn't become immobilized upon landing (unless it lands in difficult terrain), and could take off and land again, basically functioning as an airborne transport.

SeattleDV8
09-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Do the pods touchdown and become an immobilized vehicle (and a free KP) or can they take back off again?

Just a note, an immobilized vehicle does not give a KP only wrecked or destroyed vehicles do.