PDA

View Full Version : A good source for resin bases?

Sign Ahead
04-28-2011, 12:05 PM
I'm about to start a new Warhammer 40K army, and I'd like to try out some resin bases. If you've used resin bases yourself, who are some of your favorite manufacturers or suppliers?

Thanks for your help!

Caldera02
04-28-2011, 12:41 PM
Dragonforge has some really nice resin bases. I liked the ones I got from there very much. They come unpainted but are of great quality. Slap some drybrush on em and they are sweet. Or you can get more fancy with em. They have a pretty good selection too. Roughly 8-10 different sets depending on your preference.

Iron Halo is another company that does resin bases too I believe.

wittdooley
04-28-2011, 01:02 PM
I'll second Dragonforge; Jeff is really good, and his castings are always top notch.

I picked some up from Secret Weapon and those were pretty nice too. I also have some from MicroArt and they were nice, though did hav a bit more bubbling than the other two.

I've used the Dark Age ones extensively for Warmahordes, and they actually can also look really nice as a topper for a 40k sized base. They, as a general rule, stand a bit higher, and as such work, IMO, better in 40k for character models.

Lane
04-28-2011, 05:44 PM
The only resin bases I have used are Dragonforge.

Having done some resin casting myself I can honestly say that Dragonforge makes a quality product. He has a fairly wide selection of styles and most sets have 10-20 variations of 25mm bases, a set of 40mm, several unique 60mm, bike bases and larger bases.This allows you to base your entire army the same without excessive duplication among troops (unless you 2k of IG infantry).

I have heard good things about several other companies as well. The final decision will probably be what set looks best for your army.

addamsfamily36
04-28-2011, 05:46 PM
BHS miniatures.

fairly new. plans to expand the range, but nicely priced. worth a look

Necron2.0
04-28-2011, 05:53 PM
I make my own. However, if you're not OCD like me, Dakka has a nice article on available resin bases:

http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Resin_Bases#Dark_Art_Miniatures

wittdooley
04-28-2011, 08:16 PM
BHS miniatures.

fairly new. plans to expand the range, but nicely priced. worth a look

I've never heard of these guys, and can't find them on Google. Link?

Sign Ahead
04-28-2011, 09:50 PM
Thanks all!

The Dragonforge wasteland bases (especially the urban wasteland bases) are perfect. But I think they'll be even more perfect with some razor-wire from Secret Weapon. I also think that article from DakaDakka will be very helpful in the future. So thank you for all of your recommendations!

Mr.Pickelz
04-28-2011, 10:47 PM
Scibor Monstrous Miniatures has some great fantasy and Sci-Fi bases.

Javin
04-28-2011, 11:03 PM
I use Dragonforge. They have a wide variety and have some very good customer service. I have tried a few other places and have had issues with orders.

SotonShades
04-29-2011, 07:25 AM
IronHalo.net for me. I really like the quality of the resin, and the detail is brilliant. You get a fair few air bubbles on the underside (who really looks at that on the finished model?) but the top and sides of all the bases I've had from them are in excellent condition. Also, they sent me some freebies last order I did (dice n stuff, not extra bases) and managed to get my order from New Zealand to the UK in about 4 days after I ordered

Storm Seer
04-29-2011, 10:50 AM
Another vote for Dragonforge. :)

addamsfamily36
04-29-2011, 11:02 AM
I've never heard of these guys, and can't find them on Google. Link?

Whoops sorry guys. BHS was meant to be BNS. the link for them is below:

http://www.bnsminiatures.co.uk/

theHman
04-29-2011, 04:32 PM
I highly recommend IronHalo.net.

They're based in New Zealand, but they have a great selection of bases. The prices are ridiculously low - I felt that I was ripping them off with my order it was so cheap!

Plus they have great customer service and ship quick.
Can't recommend them highly enough.

Hope that helps.