PDA

View Full Version : I really like the Specters.

Bitrider
04-27-2011, 05:07 AM
So, the day I saw the stats on the FW Shadow Specters I ordered 3 squads. I have used them several times in 2K plus games and they have performed grandly. I really like them and hope that I get better at using them.

Greg

Ghost of War
04-27-2011, 06:19 AM
Well...

GOOD FOR YOU! :D

DrLove42
04-27-2011, 06:20 AM
Well good news is the rules are supposed to be better in the real book.

And no one can deny...those models are amazing

Well...

GOOD FOR YOU! :D

I Was thinking something pretty similar...

Farseer_Orso
04-27-2011, 06:59 AM
No! Bad Troubleshooter! Friend Internet says that the Specters are bad! Using the Specters is the mark of treasonous commies. Showing possible signs of treason is treason! Please report to the nearest confession booth for a full debriefing or else a unit of BLUE Troubleshooters will be dispatched to collect you.

Also, you happen to be standing in a GREEN corridor. React accordingly.

Friend Internet thanks you for your compliance.

Defenestratus
04-27-2011, 08:10 AM
Well good news is the rules are supposed to be better in the real book

Speaking of the "real book" when is it supposed to be released? I'm waiting for it to come out before I buy my lynx airforce.

DrLove42
04-27-2011, 08:19 AM
At the FW Open Day they said they were nearly done, but didn;t do preorders like they did for Kastorel-Noverem last year.

Someone there also told me end of summer/UK Gamesday (September).

Now all the models that were on show at the open day have gone up for order I can't imagine the book being too far off

charliemachina
04-27-2011, 06:17 PM
No! Bad Troubleshooter! Friend Internet says that the Specters are bad! Using the Specters is the mark of treasonous commies. Showing possible signs of treason is treason! Please report to the nearest confession booth for a full debriefing or else a unit of BLUE Troubleshooters will be dispatched to collect you.

Also, you happen to be standing in a GREEN corridor. React accordingly.

Friend Internet thanks you for your compliance.

PARANOIA..........I remember that!!!

cheers

Charlie

Fellend
04-27-2011, 09:11 PM
I'm kind of curious, how do you use them effectively? To me it seems like they are just one shot per round for a 200p squad

Bitrider
04-27-2011, 09:57 PM
Hehe.. such love from boys and girls. :D

Fully loaded they cost the same as an upgraded Falcon with a BL. So I I look at like I am paying 200ish for a twin-linked S10 AP2 with a 3/5(i) that can deepstrike.

So to each his own, but I am finding them as solid heavy choices and the rumor mill is saying they the fill rules may either drop the point cost or add something to round them out for their cost. Ehh.. just rumors though.

Not looking to convince anyone to run out and buy 3 squads, but just giving some positive experiences for the units.

Greg

I'm kind of curious, how do you use them effectively? To me it seems like they are just one shot per round for a 200p squad