PDA

View Full Version : Shokk Attack Guns and Transport Vehicles.

wkz
04-26-2011, 08:19 PM
Note: I have not checked the rulebook on this yet...

1: The Big Mek's Shokk attack gun is an Ordnance weapon.

2: (from memory) "A vehicle which has fired an Ordnance weapon cannot fire any other weapons"

Result: A Mek firing from within a Trukk/Looted wagon/Battlewagon causes all the weapons of its transport to not fire??

???

What do you guys think?

lobster-overlord
04-26-2011, 08:22 PM
But the vehicle never fired the ord weapon. The guy inside did, and used a firing point to shoot through.

wkz
04-27-2011, 12:49 AM
Opps, brainfart: I seem to recall Ork Meks firing the Ordinance weapon "counts as firing a Heavy weapon" somewhere...

Not only that, "Firing a massive ordnance weapon requires the attention of all the gunners of the vehicle, so no other weapons may be fired..." I guess lobster-overlord is right too: weapons lockout only occurs if the Ordnance weapon belongs to the vehicle (and not the passengers).

Must be too much coffee talking to me or something...

chromedog
04-29-2011, 10:04 PM
IF the VEHICLE fires an ordnance weapon, it may not fire any others (without a specific rule allowing it to).

The Big Mek is NOT A VEHICLE. Provided HE does not move (or count as moving, in the case of being a passenger - ie, in a vehicle that moved) HE can fire and it doesn't stop ANYTHING else in his 'unit' from firing. The transport is NOT part of his unit.

The rules don't really cover non-vehicles using ordnance weapons. They do cover the use of HEAVY weapons by non-vehicles though.